Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Go app WiFi Only???

New Poster

Xfinity Go app WiFi Only???

A few weeks ago I could watch all the shows I wanted (you know, since I freaking pay for the service) on the Xfinity "Go" app, now it's saying it's wifi only! Um ok so I can turn on mobile hotspot, connect my tablet to my phone, and watch it on my tablet but not the phone that's actually supplying the connection? Why is the word "go" in the title of the app? For years I've told my friends how great Comcast was, how stable and fast the internet is, how great the services are, no more. And now I'm reading that Verizon customers don't have to have wifi to use this app? You guys suck immensely. So you only value your customers that have Verizon? It's not enough that we're your loyal customers, we have to have Verizon too? How is it possible for you guys so suck so hard?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Go app WiFi Only???

i think it was always verizon only or wifi only.

New Poster

I'm with the OP on this one. I have a fundamental problem with the "Verizon only" rule. The idea of Xfinity "Go" should be to enhance my TV watching experience, wherever, whenever, on the device (and the data service) that I choose to use. Exclusive tie-ups with the likes of Verizon (only) for 3G/4G streaming simply fragment the utility of the service and degrade the user experience. If Comcast doesn't care whose wifi/internet connection I use, why should they care whose 3G/4G network I use? I pay for my Comcast subscription, I pay for Comcast broadband, and I have to watch the balky and bug-ridden streaming ads when I watch online .... shouldn't I be able to at least choose the pipe that delivers the content to my phone? 

New Poster

I think people should start filing a class action lawsuit against Comcast. Major false advertising here! How is the guy in the middle of the dessert watching Xfinty to go in there commercial? Oh he must have a Verizon tablet!! They advertise we can watch it ANYWHERE...

HBO Go, why cant we use it on Roku but we can with Apple TV? Same with Showtime. We pay for the serivce, you offer it, let us use it as we want too!! Now there talking about charging for for data overage in the next 5 years.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast is slowly expanding their public wifi hotspots, so that can be used to connect instead.

New Poster

I'm not sure I should even respond to that... How ridiculous. How about instead of making my plans based on finding out where the tiny public hotspots are, and going only to those locations just in case I want to use the xfinity "go" app, they could just let everyone use it as if we were all extra special Verizon users? Is comcast getting kickbacks from Verizon for this? If they need the money that bad I can let them borrow some. 

New Poster

Yeah, I used one of these hot spots the other night at a resturant, got one bar for signal strength. Was using it to bring up Sprout for a 1 and a half year old on my phone. Hot spots are nice, but doesn't help if your passenger or child in your car want to use it with your tablet. Its is called Xfinity to go and they advertise it that you can use it ANYWHERE, but I guess only if you have Verizon.

Silver Problem Solver

You were probably too far away from the gateway. Either that company you were at had the rotuer too far away, or you were connecting to another company's gateway. Either way, unlikely it's a Comcast issue.

New Poster

Why do the Ads say anywhere? Clearly they should say anywhere if you...

New Poster

I could understand anywhere as long as you pay and subscribe and thus have a valid COMCAST userid /password, then the ads would be CORRECT in portraying anywhere anytime, but the ads should give you the basic BUT, can't use your PHONE internet provider, can't even use a direct wire hooked up to your router hooked up to your modem hooked UP direct Up to COMCAST, oopps got to go wireless. How stupid it that? FALSE ADS simple as Forrest Gump, stupid is stupid DOES.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation