Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity App on Tablet starts and then disappears?

ANSWERED
Contributor

Xfinity App on Tablet starts and then disappears?

Anyone every had this problem? I installed the Xfinity TV app for local listings.  It worked the first time I instaled it. Only thing I realized I might have chose the wrong channel lineup. I clicked on settings and it showed the lineup I installed but I couldn't get anything to move or react to try to change it. I touched the checkmark, looked all over for another place to set it.

Desperate I un-installed it and reinstalled it. So I get to the page that asks me to choose my level of service. It goes to the page that shows a few channels and at the bottom CHOOSE THIS LINEUP or something to that effect. When I click on CHOOSE THIS LINEUP it goes to the listings page for a nano second and then disappears and I'm back to the Xoom startup page?  Multiple un-installs and reinstalls have not corrected this. Has anyone found a work around for this?

Thanks!  jack  ":-\

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity App on Tablet starts and then disappears?

I have an update. It seems I have found a solution, at least on me end, no telling how is will work on your end for this problem. Indulge me while I have fun with colors. Smiley Happy

UNINSTALL Xfinity TV app. I probably wouldn't hurt here to do a full shutdown and then restart.

REINSTALL Xfinity TV app.

DO NOT START IT YET !!

FULL SHUTDOWN AGAIN

BOOT UP AND TRY THE APP AGAIN

It has worked for me!  ":-D happy happy happy Jack!  ":-D

I used colors and bold like is shown available. Yet it would not accept the post due to invalid HTML ??

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. I used the app with no issues for a couple weeks. Now it starts then immediately boots me out.

New Poster

Start the app then immediatly hit the settings icon upper left (might have to try a few times). Click on channel lineup, then re-choose your provider. This worked for me as it lost the provider setting. Good luck.

Contributor

Rgers wrote:

Start the app then immediatly hit the settings icon upper left (might have to try a few times). Click on channel lineup, then re-choose your provider. This worked for me as it lost the provider setting. Good luck.

Rgers: I appreciate your advice. However, I'm not sure at what point you mean when you "start the app"? When I start the app it is a full white screen with no settings icon in the upper left ever? I get to the sign in Comcast email, password no problem. Next screen says you have no devices but you can still browse listings. I input ZIP, goes to a screen that gives me 3 choices of listings. I choose Dover Digital Cable and that's where it goes wrong. It goes to a white screen, no settings anywhere, and then to the Xoom start. I look and never see settings appear anywhere. But I thank you for the time. If you have any futher the both of us here with the problem appreciate it.  LIke he said, I say, it worked a couple of times and then stopped. Even a cache flush and uninstall and reinstall didn't work?  THANKS! jack  ":-D

Contributor

ADDENDUM TO ABOVE: I left out that after I choose DOVER DIGITAL CABLE it does show a small window with a listing. At the bottom is says CHOOSE THIS LISTING. It's when I touch that everything dissappears and goes to the Xoom start page.  ":-\

Contributor

I have an update. It seems I have found a solution, at least on me end, no telling how is will work on your end for this problem. Indulge me while I have fun with colors. Smiley Happy

UNINSTALL Xfinity TV app. I probably wouldn't hurt here to do a full shutdown and then restart.

REINSTALL Xfinity TV app.

DO NOT START IT YET !!

FULL SHUTDOWN AGAIN

BOOT UP AND TRY THE APP AGAIN

It has worked for me!  ":-D happy happy happy Jack!  ":-D

I used colors and bold like is shown available. Yet it would not accept the post due to invalid HTML ??

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation