Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity App on Samsung Smart Hub

New Poster

Xfinity App on Samsung Smart Hub

According to this page on the comcast website (http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-samsung-smart-tv/), there is an Xfinity app available on the Smart Hub for Samsung TVs. I have a Samsung SmartTV that's less than a year old, but can't find the Xfinity app on the Smart Hub list of apps. What gives?

Thank you.

Aaron

New Poster

Re: Xfinity App on Samsung Smart Hub

I just found this on the Samsung website.

http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G00012374645-compatible

It appears that Comcast and Samsung are only allowing the Xfinity app on the brand new tvs.  We bought a new slim samsung 55" LED (7100 series) in November and it isn't on the supported list. Not sure there is much of a difference between the 7100 series and the 7500 series.

New Poster

my pn51e7000 is not compatible although the nearly identical e8000 from the same year is. I don't understand this at all, i was able to download the app but when i open it the loading screen stays up indefinitely.
New Poster

It was on my PN64F5500 last week, then I got a firmware update couple days ago and it is now gone - only ONE frickikng Samsung Plasma TV has it now - FU Xfinity and your fcking monopoly! Sure it has something to do with the TWC purchase. They're so afraid they won't get every last penny out of us.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation