Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,873,691

members

1,636

online

29,026

topics

Top

XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

Frequent Visitor

XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

I'm seriously at the end of my rope.  This is the 3rd time this problem has occured.  I'm getting the XRE-22 SRM-901D error when trying to play any on-demand programs including movie trailers, purchased movies and free programing like TV shows or free movies.  Free movies don't even show up.  

 

The most frustrating thing is, I know at this point that XRE-22 SRM-901D is an account database sync issue and yet, everytime I call in I have to go through the standard troubleshooting procedures which just waste my time.  I can restart and system refresh/power cycle the box until I'm blue in the face and it's not going to solve the issue.  I just want to talk to someone who understands this problem so they can get the right person to fix it.  This is way above a base tech level fix. 

 

The last time they actually sent a tech out and there was nothing he could do.  I think he got pretty upset because he knew the problem but couldn't seem to get through to the right people either.  I finally got a call back from someone higher up (core support maybe?) that knew what he was doing and he got it fixed pretty quickly.  That took about 6 long phone calls with repeated troubleshooting steps, a tech visit and about 4 days of screwing around to get fixed.

 

Something is wrong with the way my account was created when I moved which is what's causing the problem I'm sure.  The odd thing is that it works for a while and then just stops working again until I can finally get a high level tech to force a database sync on my account.  I'm guessing it breaks again when they do a major database tweak or upgrade etc.  That's just pure speculation but it would explain why it "breaks" seemingly out of nowhere.  It has to be something on the backend that they're doing that is causing the problem.

 

So I'm on day 2 now of not having access to any of the on-demand items.  I know it's trivial, but honestly, I'm paying for this service and I'm paying what I think is a lot of money for the service.  I bought the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie last night hoping to watch it with my family, but alas, that didn't happen.  Not going to happen tonight either I guess.

 

Why can't we get some code word to get us through low level techs?  It's really the waste of my time that bothers me the most about this.  I'm very busy and don't have time for this nonesense.

Service Expert

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated


phil434 wrote:

I'm seriously at the end of my rope.  This is the 3rd time this problem has occured.  I'm getting the XRE-22 SRM-901D error when trying to play any on-demand programs including movie trailers, purchased movies and free programing like TV shows or free movies.  Free movies don't even show up.  

 

The most frustrating thing is, I know at this point that XRE-22 SRM-901D is an account database sync issue and yet, everytime I call in I have to go through the standard troubleshooting procedures which just waste my time.  I can restart and system refresh/power cycle the box until I'm blue in the face and it's not going to solve the issue.  I just want to talk to someone who understands this problem so they can get the right person to fix it.  This is way above a base tech level fix. 

 

The last time they actually sent a tech out and there was nothing he could do.  I think he got pretty upset because he knew the problem but couldn't seem to get through to the right people either.  I finally got a call back from someone higher up (core support maybe?) that knew what he was doing and he got it fixed pretty quickly.  That took about 6 long phone calls with repeated troubleshooting steps, a tech visit and about 4 days of screwing around to get fixed.

 

Something is wrong with the way my account was created when I moved which is what's causing the problem I'm sure.  The odd thing is that it works for a while and then just stops working again until I can finally get a high level tech to force a database sync on my account.  I'm guessing it breaks again when they do a major database tweak or upgrade etc.  That's just pure speculation but it would explain why it "breaks" seemingly out of nowhere.  It has to be something on the backend that they're doing that is causing the problem.

 

So I'm on day 2 now of not having access to any of the on-demand items.  I know it's trivial, but honestly, I'm paying for this service and I'm paying what I think is a lot of money for the service.  I bought the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie last night hoping to watch it with my family, but alas, that didn't happen.  Not going to happen tonight either I guess.

 

Why can't we get some code word to get us through low level techs?  It's really the waste of my time that bothers me the most about this.  I'm very busy and don't have time for this nonesense.


I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

Hi phil434, I can assist you with getting this error message cleared up. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me"?


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

I'll just keep a running tab here on my progress in case it helps anyone.

 

I sent a PM message to ComcastAmir this morning.  No response yet.

 

I was told yesterday that I would get a call back from a higher level tech, but as of now (2:00pm EST the following day) I haven't received a call and I still can't access any on-demand content. 

 

Just to clarify, this is anything on-demand.  When I look at TV shows, they don't even show any On-Demand options.  If a show is listed as on-demand it just says "subscribe" or "Remind".  There is no "watch" button anymore.  When I go to "Free Movies" it just says "No Results".  When I try to play a movie trailer it just gives the SRM-901D error.  When I try to play a movie I've paid for it just gives me the 901D error.  Interestingly, I can watch things through the stream app on my phone so it must just be a permissions issue with the X1 box and not my entire account.

 

 

Official Employee

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

 

Hi phil434, I replied to your PM please reach back out to me there so that we can get this issue taken care of. 


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

Day 6 and the issue still isn't resolved.  Last time it took about 6 or 7 days to fix, so hopefully in the next day or so?

 

I spoke with CS again on Wednesday evening and the girl I spoke with told me the issue has been escalated to Tier 3 support with no ETA on a fix.  She told me that the box was on the correct software version, it's not throwing any errors, line signal and noise levels are all well within spec and she had no idea what could be going on.  Everything looks like it should be working fine, yet it's not.  She told me to give them 48-72 horus.  As of this morning it's still not working.

 

One change is that now I can actually see the "Free Movies" section and TV shows on-demand show up, but when I try to play them I get XRE-22 SRM-901F (note the "F" instead of "D").

 

Additionally, I can access and play purchased movies through the stream app on my cell phone, so the account itself seems to be able to access the permissions database and get authenticated.

 

Clearly there's a permission/entitlement access issue where the box can't communicate with the database for some reason.

 

Thanks ComcastAmir for the PM and attempting to help.

 

I really wish Comcast would at least communicate with me what is going on.  If they need a few more days to figure it out, fine, but let me know that.

Service Expert

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated


phil434 wrote:

Day 6 and the issue still isn't resolved.  Last time it took about 6 or 7 days to fix, so hopefully in the next day or so?

 

I spoke with CS again on Wednesday evening and the girl I spoke with told me the issue has been escalated to Tier 3 support with no ETA on a fix.  She told me that the box was on the correct software version, it's not throwing any errors, line signal and noise levels are all well within spec and she had no idea what could be going on.  Everything looks like it should be working fine, yet it's not.  She told me to give them 48-72 horus.  As of this morning it's still not working.

 

One change is that now I can actually see the "Free Movies" section and TV shows on-demand show up, but when I try to play them I get XRE-22 SRM-901F (note the "F" instead of "D").

 

Additionally, I can access and play purchased movies through the stream app on my cell phone, so the account itself seems to be able to access the permissions database and get authenticated.

 

Clearly there's a permission/entitlement access issue where the box can't communicate with the database for some reason.

 

Thanks ComcastAmir for the PM and attempting to help.

 

I really wish Comcast would at least communicate with me what is going on.  If they need a few more days to figure it out, fine, but let me know that.


did you send a PM to the Official Employee that posted just above your last post?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated


Rustyben wrote:

phil434 wrote:

Day 6 and the issue still isn't resolved.  Last time it took about 6 or 7 days to fix, so hopefully in the next day or so?

 

I spoke with CS again on Wednesday evening and the girl I spoke with told me the issue has been escalated to Tier 3 support with no ETA on a fix.  She told me that the box was on the correct software version, it's not throwing any errors, line signal and noise levels are all well within spec and she had no idea what could be going on.  Everything looks like it should be working fine, yet it's not.  She told me to give them 48-72 horus.  As of this morning it's still not working.

 

One change is that now I can actually see the "Free Movies" section and TV shows on-demand show up, but when I try to play them I get XRE-22 SRM-901F (note the "F" instead of "D").

 

Additionally, I can access and play purchased movies through the stream app on my cell phone, so the account itself seems to be able to access the permissions database and get authenticated.

 

Clearly there's a permission/entitlement access issue where the box can't communicate with the database for some reason.

 

Thanks ComcastAmir for the PM and attempting to help.

 

I really wish Comcast would at least communicate with me what is going on.  If they need a few more days to figure it out, fine, but let me know that.



I believe the necessary code for ondemand is missing for your account.

Frequent Visitor

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

I did reply to ComcastAmir.  I told him at the time that I had a ticket in with Tier 3 and they were working on it.  Of course, that was a week ago now.

 

As of now, still no on-demand w/ error code XRE-22 SRM-901D. This is day 9 now that the problem still hasn't been resolved.

 

On Saturday (day 6) a tech came and swapped out the box.  No fix.  While he was on the phone w/ tech support they told him there was nothing he could do so he could leave.  Not his fault.  At least we eliminated the possibility of the box being the culprit.

 

Later that day on Saturday I spoke with Tier 3 support for about an hour while she tried a number of things on the back end.  None of which worked.  She said she was escalating to engineering and that someone would call me when they get it resolved and need me to test.

 

That was 3 days ago now and still no call back from comcast.  This is getting old.

 

I know next to nothing about how comcast has their system built, but this seems to me like a corrupt account (corrupt database entry or messed up settings on my account?)  If it were me, I would trash the whole account and start over as a brand new account. The girl from Tier 3 said the same thing on Saturday, but she said that's usually the last resort.  I don't know how much more tweaking settings they can try before it becomes a last resort though.  9 days seems like long enough to resort to brute force fixes?

Frequent Visitor

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

Day 11.  Some progress but still not completely fixed.  Now, previously purchased movies work and I can watch trailers for movies, BUT I can't see any free on-demand content.  No "Free Movies"  (just says; "no results") and I can't even see the "Watch" option on any on-demand, free TV shows.

 

Some info for others that might run into this.  I was getting both XRE-22 SRM-901D and XRE-22 SRM-901F.  I learned last night after speaking with an account rep assigned to my issue that the "D" error is an error where my service account is unable to communicate with the billing back end.  The "F" error is that the account is missing codes or the coding is corrupt for the service account.  Both of these require backend fixes and no amount of UDP refresh signals etc. will fix it.  Sending a tech out is likely futile as well.  This kind of thing needs to be identified from the first trouble ticket and escelated to back end support immediately so customers don't spend 2 weeks on the phone with tech support wasting time.  

 

It's really all the time wasted that frustrates me the most.  I don't "NEED" access to any of the on-demand content and not having access to it really doesn't make me upset in the least.  What does upset me is that I've spent hours at this point on the phone with tech support, I had to cancel plans and rearrange my day on a Saturday to be here for a tech window (2 hours lost) so that a tech could come here for no reason.  We both knew at that point that there was nothing a tech visit would fix so it was a waste of my time and the tech.

 

What's more, I mentioned before that this same issue happened on my account in June.  They fixed it then, but apparently couldn't be bothered to note the account or make an entry in some sort of knowledge base (you guys have to have some repository of solutions I would hope) so that if this happened again you would know the solution and skip the base level troubleshooting and go straight to the solution.  This baffles me.

 

Why does it take so long to get a problem like this escalated?  As soon as they got these error codes and a simple power cycle or system refresh didn't fix it they should've escalated the issue to engineering or at least tier 3.

 

Additionally, why on earth did this happen and why does nobody understand how it happened.  For a problem this difficult to fix, I would be trying extremely hard to find the cause and eliminate that cause.  Prevent this kind of thing from happening so you don't waste everyone's time fixing it.

Admin1

Re: XRE-22 SRM-901D - Getting really frustrated

Hi phil434 -- I can help with that error code. A support ticket was created for this. I reviewed that ticket and a support agent was able to get in contact with you. This error has now been cleared. Please let us know if this error occurs again and we'll assist. 


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 670 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation