New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XRE-1007 Error / Moca Filter

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

XRE-1007 Error / Moca Filter

Hello Everyone,
I was hoping to gain some knowledgeable assistance here, something that I can not get from Comcast.

I have a "main" dvr box (Xg1v4) in our family room (1st floor). That box works fine. I have another smaller dvr box synced with family room dvr in master bedroom (2nd floor) that keeps receiving an error code of XRE-10007. It's dealing with the Live Tv. I called Comcast a ton of times, refreshed all boxes and did the whole unplugging thing.

Days later, I replaced both dvr boxes and prior to this I should note that I replaced our modem/router with Comcast's 2.4/5 dual band (the 2.4/5 blink on modem if that means anything but wifi works fine).

After replacing everything, the above still applies. Family room tv works fine but master bedroom does not. I then made a Tech appt. and that night the master bedroom worked so I cancelled the appt. Later, it didn't work again with the same error code and I made another appt.

The Tech. came out and said you need a Moca filter. He installed one outside and it all worked when he was done. Later that night it did not work anymore. I went into the hidden screen that he did by holding exit for 5 seconds, hitting down 2x's and #2. It showed the moca filter as inoperable (I forget the term that it displayed but not connected). I then went into my basement and unplugged I guess what is called the Comcast Ac adapter that is plugged into a wall outlet that has a cable line running to it. It reset the filter setting and worked until this am. Then I unplugged the same adapter this am and it worked again. Who knows when it will go off again. So I think my issue is keeping my moca filter on and active to keep this from happening. Any ideas on how I can correct this or what I need to tell the Tech?

Thanks in advance.
Accepted Solution

Re: XRE-1007 Error / Moca Filter

Andrew,

I did just that and deactivated the MoCa. My master bedroom tv is now working and hasn't stopped but time will tell. Smiley Wink At first when I deactivated it the MoCa online and started changing channels it stuck for a second on the screen and something popped up on  but not long enough for me to read. Something about an error was occuring but it will retry to correct itself. Then it went to the channel that I plugged in. It hasn't come up again... 

My light is still on my modem that shows MoCa though (I thought that would have went off). I went outside to where the Tech. installed the MoCa yesterday (right at the side of my house) and attempted to remove it but it felt and looked like I was twisting the cable line too much as I turned it to remove it. Before I created any more problems I just tightened it back on and left the outside MoCa enabled.

Should I do anything further or just monitor the problem for now and then reassess? 

I truly apprecite your help here as I can not gather this from a Comcast phone call. I usually get someone overseas or they will not troubleshoot things beyond just sending a signal to my box which we know isn't going to fix this. It truly becomes frustrating.

On another note, how can I change my username for this forum and are we able to edit our own posts once they are made? If I can not do this do you have the ability to do either?

Thank you.

View answer in context
Official Employee

That second picture shows the power supply of an amp. Both boxes need to be on the same side of the amp. Meaning coming off of ports 1-4 and not one split before the amp or off the voip port. Also, check that the moca on your modem is off, the light is on the back where the coax attaches.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for a quick reply my moca light on my moden is on (lit up). I have the Dual-Band Wifi 802.11ac XB3 modem, how would I shut that moca off?

Official Employee

On any device mobile/laptop/pc, open a browser and put 10.0.0.1 to get into the modem and use admin and password to get into it. Once you're in, on the left side under connections, go to moca and you'll see the option to disable and save.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Andrew,

I did just that and deactivated the MoCa. My master bedroom tv is now working and hasn't stopped but time will tell. Smiley Wink At first when I deactivated it the MoCa online and started changing channels it stuck for a second on the screen and something popped up on  but not long enough for me to read. Something about an error was occuring but it will retry to correct itself. Then it went to the channel that I plugged in. It hasn't come up again... 

My light is still on my modem that shows MoCa though (I thought that would have went off). I went outside to where the Tech. installed the MoCa yesterday (right at the side of my house) and attempted to remove it but it felt and looked like I was twisting the cable line too much as I turned it to remove it. Before I created any more problems I just tightened it back on and left the outside MoCa enabled.

Should I do anything further or just monitor the problem for now and then reassess? 

I truly apprecite your help here as I can not gather this from a Comcast phone call. I usually get someone overseas or they will not troubleshoot things beyond just sending a signal to my box which we know isn't going to fix this. It truly becomes frustrating.

On another note, how can I change my username for this forum and are we able to edit our own posts once they are made? If I can not do this do you have the ability to do either?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 9.31.19 AM.png
Official Employee

Glad we got everything resolved. Everything looks good.

The Moca light should be off, you can reset it if you feel the need to but it's not interfering anymore.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I was having the same exact issue.  DVR set top box works fine, but the two Xi5 adapters are not working.  I turned MoCa off, but I still have the same issue.  It was working perfectly fine until a Comcast tech came out yesterday to resolve internet issues.  He moved the wireless router/gateway to a different room and now we have no TV except in the basement where the DVR set top box is hardwired in via coax.  Tech support hasn't been able to help and i have to wait 2 days for a tech to come onsite.

Official Employee

Hi calexa01, I show that your tech visit has been completed. Did we get everything taken care of for you? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation