Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XR11 Remote

Regular Visitor

XR11 Remote

Which X1 boxes support the XR11 remote voice feature? When I push the microphone button, I get the message APPS-09011. "Your set-top box doesn't support voice control."

Service Expert

Re: XR11 Remote

djfenner wrote:

Which X1 boxes support the XR11 remote voice feature? When I push the microphone button, I get the message APPS-09011. "Your set-top box doesn't support voice control."

all support except the rng150 (no RF ability). Is there a reason you haven't upgraded that set top box for one of the same price but newest technology?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

djfenner wrote:

Adding to Robert if you get the chance to swap out for newer equipment with more functionality. Get an XG2 and a couple of Xids

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for all the replies.  Actually I had one of the newer boxes.  But, I don't remember which model it was.  We originally had two DVRs and two PR150 BNM boxes, I replaced one of the DVR boxes with one of the non DVR newer boxes. We had lots of trouble with the newer box. The screen on the TV with the newer box kept freezing every few minutes. We made at least two calls to Comcast support with no resolution.  I even noticed that if I unplugged my Comcast wireless gateway to reboot the internet, the TV screen completely froze.  No one believed that should happen, but I did.  And I was able to reproduce it.  We even had Comcast come out for an onsite service call.  When they left, I was told everything should be fine, but it wasn't. Needless to say, I was very disapponted that Comcast wasn't able to resolve the problem.  At the time, we still had two of the PR150BNM boxes. They all worked fine with no issues; none of the screen freezing or the interference with the gateway.  I eventually took the newer box back to Comcast office and asked them to give me one that looked like one of the ones we had that were working fine - the PR150BNMs.  At the Comcast office, I remember the person telling me the PR150BNM box worked with the XR11 remote; but in hindsight they may have been talking about the basic remote functions. I never thought to ask specifically about voice control.  Given our previous problems, and with everything working okay except for being able to use voice control, I'm a little hesitant now to switch.

Gold Problem Solver

Deleted. Asked and answered.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation