Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFtv app needed for samsung smart tv

Frequent Visitor

XFtv app needed for samsung smart tv

Need to watch XFinity tv app on my new samsung smart tv, so I can see online content.

Comast you need to support this.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: XFtv app needed for samsung smart tv

It is ridiculous that I just bought a Samsung smart TV and I can't use the hbogo app and a xfinity app isn't even offered! Comcast is the only provider that doesn't allow hbogo and most other providers have there own app. I just read a xfinity Pp will be available for the new uhd TVs. They need to be mad available to all Samsung smart TVs!
Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

Where is it? You can send a link to your page which does say it exists but it is not anywhere on the Samsung smart hub app page and I've read hundreds of other complaints. I've you look for a list of supported TVs it says zero exist.
Frequent Visitor

Search for XFINITY. It didn't show up when browsing the video section. It is also item 4 of 18 in the what's new items across the top of the smart hub.
Frequent Visitor

I have a ticket open because the app never let's me login.
New Poster

The app is nowhere to be found.  Maybe it was there in the past but not now.  Not in new section, video, or by search.  Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

I don't know but its frustrating. I've never seen it and nobody from Comcast will answer.
Frequent Visitor

It would be nice if someone from Comcast would address this issue.
Frequent Visitor

I did some digging. Xfinity TV app for Samsung Smart Televisions is listed on Samsungs app store, but you have to look for it through a browser (on a computer, phone, etc.). So it's in their app store.

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/samsung-connects-comcast-directv-amazon-netflix-and-m-go-4k...

The 4K partnership continues an ongoing relationship between Comcast and Samsung. Comcast already offers the Xfinity TV app on 2012 Samsung Smart TV models and will “soon” be updated for the 2013 models.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help but I won't believe it until I see it. I've done tons of research myself including reading what you posted. I've read posts and blogs from hundreds of people with smart TVs from 2011-2013 and none of them have the app. Plus the hbogo app is not available for Comcast customers but every other cable provider including small local college campus cable providers.
Why won't a Comcast representative respond? My guess is they are holding out because they want people to use their vod and have a box for every TV. Its the only explanation.
Frequent Visitor

I called in tonight to find the progress of my ticket they open on the 11th of January.  They said it was closed on the 15th as resolved.  I had the ticket opened again because they app updated to a new rev and will not even install now.

New Poster

Hey guys, I just got my Samsung Smart TV this week and spent a few days trying to figure it out. And I have: 

http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G00012374645-compatible

So it seems not all models will be able to access the app. The Xfinity TV app does exist for Samsung TVs, but apparently not all of them. I have the 6000 series and could not find the app. Not sure exactly why, maybe software issues, but it seems you need at least a 7000 series or higher.  Hopefully they will be able to do something in the future to make it available for lesser moodels, but who knows. Please spread the word as I have found tons of threads asking about this with no one actually answering it properly. 

Frequent Visitor

I don't even think the 7000 has it. If you look up compatible devices no TVs are listed. I also think its funny that if you go to Comcast.net on a computer and watch TV that way thru a HDMI cable to your TV the video quality is awful. Shows from a network like NBC for example are connected thru a link to hulu. If you go to hulu on the same computer with the same connection but just skip Comcast.net the picture is amazing. This leads me to believe Comcast doesn't care and purposely streams poor quality to try and get you to use their box. I wish I could get another cable provider in my area. I can't mount a dish on my apartment or else I would because this is just crazy!
Frequent Visitor

I also have a 6000 series that i just bought and I can't find it anywhere. This is so lame that i can easily find articles saying this exists but no links to an app that works! Come on Xfinity/Samsung...how hard can this be?

Frequent Visitor

100% of the blame should be put on xfinity not Samsung. At least that is my opinion after spending 6 weeks researching and calling the worst customer service reps in the business!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation