Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFinity iPad app - no eligible TVs

New Poster

XFinity iPad app - no eligible TVs

I have been on the phone with 1-800-Comcast for an hour, bounced to the 5th operator now.  Each time I have been asked for my phone number, name, address, etc.  It's a very antiquated Customer Service system that cannot even pass customer info from one call center rep to another...but that's another topic.

The question I asked the first operator was:

"I have the iPad XFinity app with message 'No eligibile TVs'. What does that mean?"

The rep tapped away at her computer and told me she had no information about an iPod app (I reiterated iPad, but I guess for the purposes of this issue it doesn't matter).  She didn't even know about it.  So she transferred me.

I had to explain my issue to the next 3 reps, as well.  They each knew a little more (with the 4th rep telling me to uninstal and reinstall the app), but still had no idea what that message meant.

Finally the 5th rep was able to tell me:

"You are in a Scientific Atlanta area.  Using the iPad to remote control your cable box or use DVR functions is not available to you yet" (I have a Cisco RNG-200).

Not the answer I wanted to hear, but finally i got it and thanked her.

I would think this kind of support issue is something a 1st level rep could easily find in whatever knowledge base they use to field calls.  But apparently not.  They wasted an hour of my time, as well as 5 seperate customer service reps' time too.  That's expensive and if I were a comcast shareholder I'd be concerned about how they're managing customer service costs.  But I digress...

My other question was answered too (though I don't understand why):

"Why do I not see as many TV networks available on the iPad as I do on a computer using xfinity.com?"

Prime example: AMC.  It appears I can only watch those shows by logging into my xfinity.com account on the computer.  The rep did not know why, but confirmed that the mobile devices have a more limited selection of content than the full xfinity.com web site.  Does anyone know why this is?

Ok - last question for anyone on this board that knows...

When will 08003 (Cherry Hill, NJ) get the full features of the xfinity TV app?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: XFinity iPad app - no eligible TVs

"Why do I not see as many TV networks available on the iPad as I do on a computer using xfinity.com?"

Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet on mobile devices and tablets.

Our content team is always working hard trying to squire more content for all mediums. I will pass your request along to them. 

"When will 08003 (Cherry Hill, NJ) get the full features of the xfinity TV app?"

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I also have the same issue with he Xfinity app for the iPad.  It says no eligible TVs.  I am here in Katy Texas zip code 77494.  Can you tell me when this function will be available in my area?

New Poster

Having the same issue in Houston, 77094. Also not receiving all on demand programming or channels. Does anyone know what type of box is needed and are they ever going to be available? 

Seems like we replace one of the 3 boxes every six months!!

Regular Visitor

I have a Cablecard with a Tivo DVR and no cable box, and I have found no use for the xfinity iPad app or Streampix whatsoever. The only place I can watch anything, other than on TV, is on my laptop. 

New Poster

It makes no sense to me that linking to a TV would be a requirement.  I understand it would be a perk for those customers who DVR.

There is no reason this cannot be a standalone app where you are able to see the same 

items you can see on your tv, including on demand.  

Another "fail".

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation