Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFinity TV Windows/Nook App shows 97% Full, DVR shows 66% Full, Old Windows DVR mgr shows 66%

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

XFinity TV Windows/Nook App shows 97% Full, DVR shows 66% Full, Old Windows DVR mgr shows 66%

For some time now I've noticed that when I go to the XFINITY TV app, either from Windows 10, using Google Chrome (at: https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings) OR from my NOOK (using a modified Android operating system), the APP reports substantially more space is used up on my DVR, than is reported on either my DVR itself (via the television wired to the DVR), or the old DVR Manager application (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr).

This difference didn't bother me before now since the actual reported used space wasn't approaching 100% ... but now I'm worried as the XFINITY TV app currently reports 97% used (both on Windows and on my Nook), whereas the other two report 66%.

Is this a known glitch? Or am I not seeing the full picture? And is there a fix/work around to get the XFINITY TV APP to report the correct values?

Or even worse is the DVR report (and DVR Manager report) incorrect and the XFINITY TV app correct --- meaning I will soon not be able to record any more shows ... and might loose some as well?

Thanks-Allen

P.S.-I still periodically use the old DVR Manager application (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr) mainly because it allows me to change the "Save Until" settings for my recordings for many recordings at a time, which does not appear to be available from the XFINITY TV APP.

Accepted Solution

Re: XFinity TV Windows/Nook App shows 97% Full, DVR shows 66% Full, Old Windows DVR mgr shows 66%

Hi aebingham -- There is a reporting issue going on. Our X1 team is aware this is happening and is working with an engineering group to resolve this. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: XFinity TV Windows/Nook App shows 97% Full, DVR shows 66% Full, Old Windows DVR mgr shows 66%

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That does not seem to be the issue --- the list of recorded shows is (mostly***) the same on all three listings. The XFINITY TV App shows that there are 5 one hour (HD) deleted recordings ... but that wouldn't be enough to explaing the 30% difference.

*** I say mostly because I have 2 one-half hour shows on the DVR that were there before the 'upgrade' to Cloud capable recordings ... that don't show up in the XFINITY TV app ... which should make it so the DVR would report more space used, not less. Interestingly, the DVR Manager application 'knows' about the 2 old DVR recordings.

Service Expert

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Hi aebingham -- There is a reporting issue going on. Our X1 team is aware this is happening and is working with an engineering group to resolve this. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

ComcastZach-Thanks, looking forward to some resolution-Allen

Admin1

You're welcome. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

same problem here.  DVR at 32%, cloud at 73%.  Content of each is the same.  but if the cloud gets close to 100% it will start deleting shows from the DVR.  learned the hard way as 12 episodes of a show my daughters watch one day disappeared.  has been this way for a long time now.  tried comcast for help several times.  they said to get another DVR(?).

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation