Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFinity TV Remote says "No Devices"

Contributor

XFinity TV Remote says "No Devices"

I have a DVR that I was able to use "somewhat consistently" via the old Web portal. Comcast is bailing on supporting that; and said to download the TV Remote App.

I did so, and it says I have No Devices.

What gives? Anyone else experiencing this?

New Poster

Re: XFinity TV Remote says "No Devices"

Same here. Before the magical "upgrade" I could change channels using my computer. The only thing I can do now is watch shows on my computer. Not an acceptable option for me.

Contributor

@SVSH: LOL. The Forum says about your comment: "Choose This Solution?". Yeah, problem solved!

Problem Solver

The forum will ask the "Choose This Solution?" message for every post added to your thread.  Just wants you to pick the answer that gives you a solution (if and when).  It doesn't mean you have to pick one.

As to your problem, are you using the Xfinity TV remote on an Apple or Android device?  Do you have an X1 DVR or one of the pre-X1 DVRs?

xfin_pathetic wrote:

@SVSH: LOL. The Forum says about your comment: "Choose This Solution?". Yeah, problem solved!

Contributor

I am using a non-X1 DVR, from Comcast, that is a little under 2 years old.

Is it the case that I am paying for a device, which they supplied and which they continue to charge me for every month, that they just out of the blue and with no notice decided not to support?

That would certainly be unsuprising!! Their slogan is, after all: "We don't care. We don't have to."

Bronze Problem Solver

xfin_pathetic wrote:

I am using a non-X1 DVR, from Comcast, that is a little under 2 years old.

Is it the case that I am paying for a device, which they supplied and which they continue to charge me for every month, that they just out of the blue and with no notice decided not to support?

That would certainly be unsuprising!! Their slogan is, after all: "We don't care. We don't have to."

That might be the case: Go here to find list of compatible cable boxes:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/

Problem Solver

That link though really lists Non Compatible boxes.  It just says the Remote app will work with most Comcast TV boxes, but who knows, the switchover to the new Xfinity TV portal might have hosed that too.

m.venanzi wrote:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/

Contributor

I have a Motorola RNG200T; which is not on the list of Non Comatible DVRs.

On the other hand, I also have a 1998 Audi A4 with four wheel drive; it is also not on the list of Non Compatible DVRs; so who knows?

In the lead up to the change over, there were a lot of problems with the old system not recoginzing Devices, then suddenly recognizing them, and so on. So I can only hope they egt this straightened out.

Bronze Problem Solver

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

That link though really lists Non Compatible boxes.  It just says the Remote app will work with most Comcast TV boxes, but who knows, the switchover to the new Xfinity TV portal might have hosed that too.

m.venanzi wrote:

Just another example of comcast backwards logic - give a link eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app and put a list of non compatible boxes

Contributor

Several days later, and still "No Devices". Can anyone confirm that this App works with non-X1 DVRs?

Contributor

Yay! Well, it finally started working 3 hours ago. I could review my DVR recordings, change channels and everything!

Now, 3 hours later, it AGAIN says I have "No Devices".

It's Comcastic!

Problem Solver

xfin_pathetic wrote:

Yay! Well, it finally started working 3 hours ago. I could review my DVR recordings, change channels and everything!

Now, 3 hours later, it AGAIN says I have "No Devices".

It's Comcastic!

Don't worry. In the future it will be awesome.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation