Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY subscribers can watch anytime, anywhere? NOT!

New Poster

XFINITY subscribers can watch anytime, anywhere? NOT!

While visiting family in Canada, I sit down to watch some XFINITY.  All I got was a blank screen.  Xfinity proudly claims "XFINITY subscribers can watch thousands of XFINITY On Demand™ TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere, even when you are offline."  Last i checked, Canada, or if fact anywhere in the known universe, is anywhere. 

Does XFINITY realize anyone can set up their own little proxy server at home and add the proxy server as a device so XFINITY always think they are watching at home.  Such an immoral person might also give out the credentials to friends all over the world as XFINITY will stupidly believe they are all one and the same. 

Respect stupidity

P.S.  No need for a response. I'll take it from here. 

Service Expert

Re: XFINITY subscribers can watch anytime, anywhere? NOT!

speleman wrote:

While visiting family in Canada, I sit down to watch some XFINITY.  All I got was a blank screen.  Xfinity proudly claims "XFINITY subscribers can watch thousands of XFINITY On Demand™ TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere, even when you are offline."  Last i checked, Canada, or if fact anywhere in the known universe, is anywhere. 

Does XFINITY realize anyone can set up their own little proxy server at home and add the proxy server as a device so XFINITY always think they are watching at home.  Such an immoral person might also give out the credentials to friends all over the world as XFINITY will stupidly believe they are all one and the same. 

Respect stupidity

P.S.  No need for a response. I'll take it from here. 

I assume you have read this?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xtv-go-app-download-feature-faqs/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: XFINITY subscribers can watch anytime, anywhere? NOT!

Dear Sir,

Your assumption is erroneous.  I read the advertisment.  Should that not suffice?  Although the link is greatly appreciated, it was not needed.  We are happy as can be.  

Speleman, a different kind of user

Humans make better friends

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation