Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV iPad App feedback

Frequent Visitor

XFINITY TV iPad App feedback

I really like the new XFINITY TV App for iPad, thank you!

Browsing and searching listings is very nice on the big screen. 

Three requests (unless there is a way to do this that I haven't found)

1. Please remember my filter settings between launches. I always filter by HD only, and have to re-set this each time I launch the app.

2. In addition to #1 above, please let us set up our favorite channels and by default show only those. I would prefer to not see the Cinemax and Encore channels that I do not subscribe to.

3. Please work on better integration with the DVR. The iPhone app indicates which shows are scheduled to be recorded right in the listings grid, and lets you access myDVR manager in the app without switching to the browser. Please bring these features to the iPad (I'm sure you're already planning on this).

Thanks from a very happy app user,

Ted

Valued Contributor

Re: XFINITY TV iPad App feedback

Thanks for the feedback. We are making improvements and taking suggestions.

If you run into any issues, let me know.

Steve

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My XFINITY TV app crashes each time I attempt to log on. It always shuts down when I get to the screen that asks for my zip code. Feedback and Google searches reveal others with the same problem, but I haven't found any solution. Do you have any suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

Time took care of my problem. Five hours later, the setup worked perfectly. Now all is well.

I'd like it if only my favorite channels were displayed. I'd also like to see the grid switch to landscape mode when I turn my device sideways.

Regular Visitor

I have an HD Pace RNG 110 which is on the compatible list. I've reset (unplugged) the box, uninstalled/reinstalled the app but it still does not show up (or talk to) the app. I have a TV3 which shows up but it doesn't seem to identify any box in my house. I have other several boxes and DTAs which are not compatible. What's the secret sauce to getting this compatible box to work with the app? I have a DCT 700 which is working fine.
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

So far, I like the app!  But, I'm having a strange problem with it.  When I use the "On Demand" feature, the good news is that the app successfully downloads the list of movies and tv shows currently available on demand.  But, when I try to press the "Watch" button to get it to play one of them (on my dvr/tv of course), I get an error box "A subscription is required to watch this program."

This error happens for every show and movie I've tried, even though I do have the subscriptions required to watch them.  (I can use my tv remote to go to on demand and start playing the movie that way -- so it's definitely not an issue of my dvr not knowing about my subscriptions.)

Any ideas??

Thanks,

--Steve

Frequent Visitor

Aha!  Just finished talking to customer service on the phone.  Turns out that uninstalling and reinstalling the iPad app solved the problem.

Thank you customer service!

--Steve

Retired Administrator

Glad we were able to get a solution to you! Please let us know if you need any help in the future.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have a DVR Cisco RNG 200 (HD) which is not on the list of eligible boxes for using Xfinity.....Can I exchange it for one applicable with Xfinity at Comcast ?
Retired Administrator

Bigag501 wrote:
I have a DVR Cisco RNG 200 (HD) which is not on the list of eligible boxes for using Xfinity.....Can I exchange it for one applicable with Xfinity at Comcast ?

If your area support Motorola set-tops, then that is a possibility. I'd recommend contacting local customer service to get a definitive answer.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I finally had to go to the Comcast office only to find out that Xfinity is NOT available yet in my area......
If only someone had told me this sooner, I wouldn't have kept trying to find out why it didn't work !!!
Retired Administrator

I apologize that you had to physically visit the office. Based on my last post, calling would have been the best option.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Calling, which I have done before, is not very user friendly.......
And if looking at my original posting and noting that my DVR was a Cisco RNG 200 which is not on the list of eligible boxes....that indeed might have given someone a clue that it wasn't going to work-according to a lady in the office
Retired Administrator

I'm sorry - I wasn't aware that you had already called to us about this prior to your post. The RNG200's are not compatible with the service; however, all Motorola boxes are. Depending on your location, both models are supported.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Motorola is not supported in my location......they only use Cisco boxes which is an ineligible box according to an email I received from a Jeff...The Comcast Suport Team.....
Retired Administrator

Bigag501 wrote:
Motorola is not supported in my location......they only use Cisco boxes which is an ineligible box according to an email I received from a Jeff...The Comcast Suport Team.....

Yes - that is correct, however the RNG110 is supported, but it is only an HD converter.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I like the Xfinity Mobile app for my iPad, but how can I have it work for my wife's email account on my iPad???? I hope there is a way!
Regular Visitor

Any thoughts on Anon413731's post. I am having a similar issue (app identifies a tv/box but cable box doesn't react to commands).
Regular Visitor

I did everything recommended and now it seems to work some of the time. Try unplugging/replugging cable box. Then try uninstalling/reinstalling app. It now works 'some' of the time. Most of the time, nothing at all happens.

Merry Christmas.

Frequent Visitor

This should be posted to a Xfinity Mobile thread...
New Poster

Retired Administrator

Zythryn wrote:
Any thoughts on Anon413731's post. I am having a similar issue (app identifies a tv/box but cable box doesn't react to commands).

Apologies for the delay - log in here - www.fancast.com/remotehelp and follow the prompts for the self test page to send the signal to your eligible set-top box. This should correct the issue

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Retired Administrator

Oscar24 wrote:
I like the Xfinity Mobile app for my iPad, but how can I have it work for my wife's email account on my iPad???? I hope there is a way!

yes - you'd need to sign out of your account and log in using your wife's account.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have been trying to change the channel with my ipad, but nothing happens.  I am pressing the "watch on TV" button and the channel stays the same.  Am I missing something?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!

Retired Administrator

Please see this post - http://forums.comcast.net/t5/Comcast-Mobile-Apps/Remote-Tune-Troubleshooting/td-p/862685

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'd just like to second some of the suggestions on here:

1. Please make filter options stick between launches

2. The old Comcast app had a DVR manager built into it. The web version is just OK, and it's nearly useless on the iPhone version.

New Poster

Hi,

I tried the steps that you suggested. I get an error message when I try to do the test.

It says:

We're sorry, but an error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code 500.: { "txnId":"4AE0553A0379000D563A", "code":"SEND_RAW_MESSAGE_FAILED", "message":"Sorry! An error ocurred during this request. Please try again now or Cancel and try again later."} [ Request: "remote_tune"]

What does this mean?

Thanks,

New Poster

I just uninstalled the xfinity ipad app as my TV listings were showing. Everything else seemed to work. Now I have the problem of after reinstalling, signing in and the app recognizing my DVRs that I can't get past "continue" after trying to rename the dvrs as directed. The app just crashes and returns me to the iPad desktop.  I don't know what to do. My DVRs are recognized and listed and they show up on the the TVs, but to no avail..

Customer Expert

I believe there is an email address to get help from within the app. Try that.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Test
New Poster

I just bought my ipad and the first thing I tried to do was install the xfinity tv app.  It installed fine but when it goes the screnn where it asks you to lable your tv's they all come up and they all say DVR 1 or DVR 2 ect...but when I label them and and hit continue it shuts down and everytime i re-open it I have to do it all over again and the same thing happens. please help I am really looking forward to using that app. 

New Poster

Called in asked and if I didn't try to put my own labels on the tvs it worked but now it won't load my channel line up
Connection Expert

Glad you got it working to suit you.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

The Xifinty TV app no longer works. At start up I see the spinning indicator while it tries to fetch the channel guide but nothing happens. No channel lineup shows and the app eventually times out or crashes. I've tried uninstalling it then reinstalling but it still doesn't work. The app worked fine 2 weeks ago. I really want this app to work again Any suggestions ?
Regular Visitor

Update : after uninstalling - reinstalling - and changing the DVR names it is working again. Odd that it was the names I had originally given the DVR's that was causing the problem
Connection Expert

Glad you were able to work your way through it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

We are in the SA area and my set tops are Cisco and SA. Would I be able to utilize this app fully?

New Poster

Xfinity app on iPad has just stopped working. I try to watch a show, but then it just goes black and nothing happens.

App was working fine two days ago, nothing has changed on my iPad or my home network. Restarted app, same result. Reinstalled app, ditto.

Netflix streaming works fine.

Regular Visitor

There was an update for the app in the App store within the last week. If you have not checked for updates, try that.
New Poster

App is up to date. I reinstalled this evening (after restarting iPad). Just checked for updates again and nada.

One other issue I noted: when the app is running, if I switch to TV Listings and then back to Play Now, I get the Loading swirlie ad nauseum.

Is there a problem on Comcast's end?

New Poster

Help! The xfinity tv app keeps telling me that the play now videos can't load due to error7002. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still will not work. What is error 7002?
New Poster

I have a boy that say's Infinity all over it, but it doesn't work?  

Didn't see it in the list of compatible boxes... why do you have a box with Infinity all over it and it not work?

I tried to watch a movie on the new app on an iPad2... as soon as it went to the load the video it went blank and had to be restarted and I never got it to work.. 5 tries.

so what's this app for?

Customer Expert

Several people have had trouble if their router is using a non-Comcast DNS. You need to use the Comcast DNS.

Look at this post in this forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Was watching an HBO series earlier in the day and tried to logged back in and watch again and when I kick paly now the app closes

New Poster

I tried to uninstall and re-install and still doesn't work

New Poster

This was great until our HD channels moved from the 900s to the 1000s. The iPad app still shows the HD channels in the 900 to 1000 range so it doesn't match the TV. Im in Kokomo, IN and I can't use the app until the channels are updated. Is there some way for mr to do this?

Thanks for any help or info!

Doug
Customer Expert

I don't know. We need to find out who at Comcast can help with these issues. Most of us don't have any way of testing such things. I'll bring your post to the administrator's attention.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I found another zip code in another part of the state that had the HD channels in the 1000's. It's not perfect, but seems to work. I will use this until they update our channels.
Connection Expert

THEEDGE714 wrote:
I found another zip code in another part of the state that had the HD channels in the 1000's. It's not perfect, but seems to work. I will use this until they update our channels.

Sounds like a creative solution.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Cable Expert

Xfinity app, which was working with my iPad 2 now quits immediately upon being selected. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Activation was fine, but still quits immediately upon selection.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels