Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV Player App and iOS 7

Official Employee

XFINITY TV Player App and iOS 7

We aim to provide our customers with the best video experience possible.

We have identified an issue with the iOS 7 update from Apple scheduled for Wednesday, September 18 that could affect your XFINITY TV Player app on all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iTouch).

At this time, if you move to iOS 7, you may have to uninstall and reinstall the XFINITY TV Player app to stream video, and may experience issues with playing your downloaded content.

We apologize for the inconvenience  We plan to release an update for the XFINITY TV Player app as soon as possible to address these issues.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV Player App and iOS 7

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Player on my iPhone 4 with IOS 7 and everytime it tries to stream a video it crashes and exits the app.  Any workaround for this?

thanks,

David

Official Employee

nav0lat0 wrote:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Player on my iPhone 4 with IOS 7 and everytime it tries to stream a video it crashes and exits the app.  Any workaround for this?

thanks,

David

Apologies for this issue, can you let me know what version of the XFINITY Player app are you running? In the app, check under Settings. It should be Version 1.4.1.201.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

i uninstalled and reinstalled it again and it keeps installing version 1.4.0.199

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Tv Player App stopped working on Kindle Fire HD. I uninstalled & reinstalled but when I attempt to play a video, I get the flash screen that the app is getting the video, but then receive an error message, "Sorry, we've experienced some difficutly starting your video".

Kindle Fire HD - Xfinity App Version 1.2.3.001

Official Employee

nav0lat0 wrote:

i uninstalled and reinstalled it again and it keeps installing version 1.4.0.199

Hmmm. 1.4.1.201 is the most current version in the App store, let me investigate further.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yes, that is what i see when i look at the details in the App Store, but when i tell it to install and i check it in Settings, it says 1.4.0.199.

thanks.

New Poster

Tried to view Sleepy Hollow but when selected screen indicated I needed to download Player App which I already have installed (v1.4.1.201). Not able to view show even after downloading again. Using IPad 4. Ios7
New Poster

I also have uninstalled the player app on my ipad with iOS 7, reinstalled it, the version is now the .201 version and the app is force closing when I go to stream a show or movie,
Regular Visitor

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled version 1.4.1.201 on my IPad 4. Since upgrading to IOS7 I have had two problems:

1. The time it takes to install the download has greatly increased. A 2 hour movie is taking several hours to install. This actual time to download is much longer because the program is constantly pausing and not running when the ipad is in sleep mode.

2. The downloads are now frequently freezing on play back. The picture freezes (sometimes in 1/2 frame - i.e. the picture is sometimes split between two different scenes). When the picture unfreezes the movie picks up playing  in real time (i.e. if the picture freezes for 10 seconds, I lose the 10 seconds of the movie I would have seen if the picture hadn't frozen). If I back up the playback, the picture always freezes in the same place, so it seems this is a problem in the actual download of the material.

Will these issues be addressed in the update of your App?

Regular Visitor

Why isn't CBS available on 2nd gen iPad? I wanted to watch The Good Wife tonite. Stream pix had season 4 but no season 5. Also, why doesn't xfinity on line link to the player when I select a show to view? Whenever I select a movie or tv show to watch the website tells me I have to download the player which is already on my iPad. Then I can't even access CBS from the app. It would appear that CBS Is the only network not available through the player. What's up with that!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation