Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV Mobile App "Out of Home"

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

XFINITY TV Mobile App "Out of Home"

I can not watch a live TV show using XFINITY TV on my iPad or iPhone. The app says I am not on my "in-home network". Meanwhile, the app can see my own wifi network and displays the name of my wifi SSID. I am at home connected to my wifi and Xfinity internet via my wireless router and cable modem. My phone modem is separate and may be incorrectly assigned as my internet gateway. Help. Thanks.
Accepted Solution

Re: XFINITY TV Mobile App "Out of Home"

I gave in. The Xfinty TV app works on all of my devices. I wanted to retain my network and phone wiring configuration, but no, this app is looking for the home gateway device. After I rewired my house, dropping my cable modem and using only the cable telephone/internet gateway device, all is well.
View answer in context
Contributor

I had the same problem.  first noticed it around 4:30am eastern time 8/25.  the app started working for me at 9am on 8/25

Regular Visitor

I gave in. The Xfinty TV app works on all of my devices. I wanted to retain my network and phone wiring configuration, but no, this app is looking for the home gateway device. After I rewired my house, dropping my cable modem and using only the cable telephone/internet gateway device, all is well.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation