Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV App doesn't recognize boxes

New Poster

XFINITY TV App doesn't recognize boxes

I am unable to communicate with any of my 3 Pace RNG110 boxes.  One of the three is recognized by the app and on my PC (Under: Manage Cable Boxes & DVR's page) but when I test the one by clicking the "Show name on TV" button, nothing happens, I get no ID out of any of the boxes onto the TV screen.  Similarly, when trying to use the iPhone app to "Watch on TV", an icon appears on the phone that says "TV2" with a wi-fi icon but no channels change.  It seems there is no connection to the boxes from either the app or the TV.  

I am signing in with a Comcast ID that is linked to a business account number and was told by customer service that the XFINITY TV App isn't supported for business accounts.  I don't see any material difference in the video service (hardware, incoming cable signal, etc) between residential and business class accounts and would ask that if the video were set up under a residential account, would the app then work?  Asked another way, is the comcast ID I'm using for the app (tied to a business account number) disabling the app from recognizing the boxes thus becoming the problem with controlling TV's from the app, or would I have the same technical troubles if I set the video up in a residential account?

I was told that the app isn't supported for business class accounts for security reasons, is it possible that in the future comcast would allow business account customers to absolve comcast of any liability resulting in security breaches in exchange for enabling the application for the account?

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: XFINITY TV App doesn't recognize boxes

DEGroup wrote:

I am unable to communicate with any of my 3 Pace RNG110 boxes.  One of the three is recognized by the app and on my PC (Under: Manage Cable Boxes & DVR's page) but when I test the one by clicking the "Show name on TV" button, nothing happens, I get no ID out of any of the boxes onto the TV screen.  Similarly, when trying to use the iPhone app to "Watch on TV", an icon appears on the phone that says "TV2" with a wi-fi icon but no channels change.  It seems there is no connection to the boxes from either the app or the TV.  

I am signing in with a Comcast ID that is linked to a business account number and was told by customer service that the XFINITY TV App isn't supported for business accounts.  I don't see any material difference in the video service (hardware, incoming cable signal, etc) between residential and business class accounts and would ask that if the video were set up under a residential account, would the app then work?  Asked another way, is the comcast ID I'm using for the app (tied to a business account number) disabling the app from recognizing the boxes thus becoming the problem with controlling TV's from the app, or would I have the same technical troubles if I set the video up in a residential account?

I was told that the app isn't supported for business class accounts for security reasons, is it possible that in the future comcast would allow business account customers to absolve comcast of any liability resulting in security breaches in exchange for enabling the application for the account?

Thanks

"If the video were set up under a residential account, would the app then work" - yes, but you may have to get new boxes because the ones you have are not provisioned for it.

"is it possible that in the future comcast would allow business account customers to absolve comcast of any liability resulting in security breaches in exchange for enabling the application for the account?" - At this time, there is no plans but definitely something our team is taking under consideration for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

show name of DVR on my TV and change channels using my computer

I was able to show name of DVR on my TV and change channels using my computer. Now I can not nor can I change channels. Comcast reset my box now I have no communication. Contacted comcast on chat and on phone for over 3,5 hrs. Can anyone help. I tried to look at my profile all is set up at 100%.

In addition checked all my account profiles unable to control TV from any of them. The all worked this afternoon. Now they don't

Robin

Frustrated customer

Official Employee

Re: show name of DVR on my TV and change channels using my computer

robinoooo wrote:

I was able to show name of DVR on my TV and change channels using my computer. Now I can not nor can I change channels. Comcast reset my box now I have no communication. Contacted comcast on chat and on phone for over 3,5 hrs. Can anyone help. I tried to look at my profile all is set up at 100%.

In addition checked all my account profiles unable to control TV from any of them. The all worked this afternoon. Now they don't

Robin

Frustrated customer

When and why was your box reset? Were you told to reset it?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation