Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV App NOT working

Frequent Visitor

XFINITY TV App NOT working

11/19 had no issue with the app played down loaded content just fine as well as some recorded shows
11/23 buffering to the point there was no need to continue to watch
11/24 won't play at all just buffering message
The app is free but if this is a part of three xfinity services I pay for, this is unacceptable! If there is a network issues because there are more users than normal accessing the content because of the holiday, ok, but there needs to be a system wide notification to make users aware. Holiday or not sitting down and watching shows is part of relaxation. I'm not thankful for this but I will be thankful if someone has a resolution;-)
New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV App NOT working

Yeah. Spent an hour of the phone with customer support about it today - they killed live streaming ability from the TV apps without bothering to give anyone ANY notice. I only watch tv from my phone and iPad because I'm on the go a lot so I just switched to SlingTV today for a quarter of the cost. IMG_3052.JPG

New Poster

On my SECOND phone call to Comcast customer service, the guy stayed on the phone with me until we had a resolution and he said, after 22 minutes that most people stream tv from the website on their computer and not the apps so they were killing the apps' live streaming abilities (he said that the apps will only be for on demand movies etc) and directing people to online website tv.xfinity.com WHICH DOESN'T WORK ON SAFARI OR CHROME ON MOBILE DEVICES and that he was very sorry.

Service Expert

RedRoseAlways wrote:

On my SECOND phone call to Comcast customer service, the guy stayed on the phone with me until we had a resolution and he said, after 22 minutes that most people stream tv from the website on their computer and not the apps so they were killing the apps' live streaming abilities (he said that the apps will only be for on demand movies etc) and directing people to online website tv.xfinity.com WHICH DOESN'T WORK ON SAFARI OR CHROME ON MOBILE DEVICES and that he was very sorry.

Sorry for the reply to your other post.

I am able to live stream all my channels on my iPhone as I write this.

I don't understand why someone would say the Xfinity TV app can't do live streaming.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the replies...I didn't get a notification as I usually do. 

I tried about a hour after this post, if that, and had no issue AND have had no issue since. Currently watching live tv now on the app. 

There certainly was an issue and an acknowledgment of that woud be great but thefact that it's now working will likely have to be satidifaction enough :-(

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation