Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV - Android App - Stuck at Loading screen

New Poster

XFINITY TV - Android App - Stuck at Loading screen

I have a brand new Nexus 4 and downloaded the Xfinity TV Andorid App from the Google Play store and cannot get it to function.  When I open it and log in I can see my two DVR's but when I hit continue (my only option at that point) I get a message that an "Unknown error has occured" and it gives me the option to Retry or Cancel.  If I choose Retry, the same error message just reloads, no good.  If I choose Cancel, I just get a Loading graphic in the middle of the screen that will not go away.  I can never get to the Settings area to change my zip code to get the proper channel lineup (which is the solution for the iOS App).  I have uninstalled and re-installed the App several times and always get this same problem

Both of my DVR's work with the iOS Apps (after updating the zip code), so I don't think they would be causing my problem here.  If the problem is that my channel lineup needs to be set, then it seems the App needs to be changed to let me get into the Settings right after log in and before it gets stuck on this Loading screen.  Or, is there some other work around?

Please help

Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation