Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 rewind - sometimes???

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

X1 rewind - sometimes???

My wife sometimes gets up before me and she complains that she can't rewind the live TV if she missed something after watching a while (our previous WOW ultra equipment always allowed that) and she gets an error message about the device not permitting the action.    However, by the time I look at it, the rewind does work on the same box and there is a blue section of the timeline showing how far back you can go.    What is going on?   Do you have to pause/rewind when you first start watching to give it a hint that you might want to rewind later?

Accepted Solution

Re: X1 rewind - sometimes???

lesmikesell, thanks for sending me those private messages. Glad we were able to get those boxes replaced. You know how to reach me if you need further assistance. 

Cheers, 

KenF

View answer in context
Service Expert

lesmikesell wrote:

My wife sometimes gets up before me and she complains that she can't rewind the live TV if she missed something after watching a while (our previous WOW ultra equipment always allowed that) and she gets an error message about the device not permitting the action.    However, by the time I look at it, the rewind does work on the same box and there is a blue section of the timeline showing how far back you can go.    What is going on?   Do you have to pause/rewind when you first start watching to give it a hint that you might want to rewind later?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I have this issue daily with my Xg2 companion and have reported the issue as 'the box appears to 'change' the channel on first use of rewind button or page back, etc buttons. The channel number 'appears' and only then does the time shift buffer seem to start recording. My three DVRs are all Arris version 1 and they do not have that issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello lesmikesell. I can assist with the rewind feature on your X1 box. I will need to review an X1 Platform diagnostic survey of your equipment. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. Also please let me know which box this occurs on and does this only occur on 1 particular box. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It is easy 

Official Employee

lesmikesell, thanks for sending me those private messages. Glad we were able to get those boxes replaced. You know how to reach me if you need further assistance. 

Cheers, 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation