Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 platform - download time to my ipad for my DVR recordings takes soooo long

New Poster

X1 platform - download time to my ipad for my DVR recordings takes soooo long

Not sure where the issue is... But I takes almost 40 minutes to download a 60 minute show to my Ipad. It only takes about 5 minutes to download a movie from iTunes.
Not sure why it is so slow. I understand the difference between HD and AD - but that should not make a difference.
Thoughts?.
New Poster

Re: X1 platform - download time to my ipad for my DVR recordings takes soooo long

I am having same problem...gmail is incredibly slow...and FB nothing....Nuts...so dependent on internet..yikes...installed xfinity app to resolve...TBC

New Poster

Re: X1 platform - download time to my ipad for my DVR recordings takes soooo long

I guess I'm talking abt internet, not TV...haven't even turned on the TV...TV OK

Problem Solver

Lchiras wrote:
Not sure where the issue is... But I takes almost 40 minutes to download a 60 minute show to my Ipad. It only takes about 5 minutes to download a movie from iTunes.
Not sure why it is so slow. I understand the difference between HD and AD - but that should not make a difference.
Thoughts?.

Which version iPad are you using? Maybe after the iOS 8 upgrade available today after 1pm (EST)

will help if an older iPad. Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

Which version iPad are you using? Maybe after the iOS 8 upgrade available today after 1pm (EST)

will help if an older iPad. Good luck!

I can't help thinking that would be a really "brave" move!..... Smiley Wink 

Personally, I hold off on these "massive" udates until they release, in this case, 8.1!..... Let other folk find the bugs & give them a chance to fix them first!

My guess is something else is awry..... I have no idea if it's relevant here, but what DNS servers are you using? (Comcasts own are 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76) Some folk appear to have/had issues if anything else is tried first.

As always, just my 02c, YMMV,

Ian

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation