Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 online guide not allowing recording of series

Regular Visitor

X1 online guide not allowing recording of series

Tonight, Supergirl season 2 begins on the CW, KWBQT in my locale. Seaon 1 of Supergirl was aired on CBS, KRQED here, and I had the DVR set to record the season. This season, the show has moved to the CW, as I said. The online guide shows Supergirl on the CW tonight, but when I set the DVR to record the series, on the Confirmation screen it lists the Channel as KRQED, the CBS station that the show was aired on last season. Ergo, the DVR will not record the show because it is not on the proper channel (so far as the X1 box thinks). I'm sure this was a completely unforseen problem, but now that we are aware of it, can it be fixed?

Thank you in advance.

Tags (3)
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 online guide not allowing recording of series

Quadeus wrote:

Tonight, Supergirl season 2 begins on the CW, KWBQT in my locale. Seaon 1 of Supergirl was aired on CBS, KRQED here, and I had the DVR set to record the season. This season, the show has moved to the CW, as I said. The online guide shows Supergirl on the CW tonight, but when I set the DVR to record the series, on the Confirmation screen it lists the Channel as KRQED, the CBS station that the show was aired on last season. Ergo, the DVR will not record the show because it is not on the proper channel (so far as the X1 box thinks). I'm sure this was a completely unforseen problem, but now that we are aware of it, can it be fixed?

Thank you in advance.

My guess is that the easiest way around this is to delete the series recording and then set a new one.

New Poster

Re: X1 online guide not allowing recording of series

We have the same problem and missed the show. Good news is it is repeated on Friday @ 8:00 PM.

We wee able to record two ways now:

1) Just have it record the single show.

2) When saving the sequence; where it has the selection look for the line that has channel: " KRQED Only" change to "HD". Then confirm to record.

Good luck.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation