Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 cloud not syncing with mobile devices

Regular Visitor

X1 cloud not syncing with mobile devices

X1 cloud doesn't sync with mobile devices. Old recordings that were deleted from x1 DVR show on mobile devices. Some of the new recordings do not appear. Have worked with level 2. They reboot system, and have me reinstall mobile apps. We have to do this whenever we want to use mobile app with new recordings.  How do i get the codes that i've read about in the forums?

Service Expert

Re: X1 cloud not syncing with mobile devices

barbalona12 wrote:

X1 cloud doesn't sync with mobile devices. Old recordings that were deleted from x1 DVR show on mobile devices. Some of the new recordings do not appear. Have worked with level 2. They reboot system, and have me reinstall mobile apps. We have to do this whenever we want to use mobile app with new recordings.  How do i get the codes that i've read about in the forums?

The cloud DVR does notice (if your internet connection that is used by the DVR's DOCSIS modem has a good connection at the time. Servers do reboot, communications are interrupted, things happen and the 'notice' might not be processed by the in home DVR or the cloud DVR. (for example, today the servers are not quickly responding to 'ok' button but does respond to left/right menu buttons normally). 

The cloud DVR will record even if the home's DVRs are unplugged from cable/power as the cloud DVR records at the head end location in Philadelphia and one other location.

could you explain what code you need? 

note that the app you should be using on smart devices is the xfinity TV app. It is essentially a company specific (comcast) implementation of the VidiPath specification. The same programming is available at xtv.comcast.net.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

i am using xfinity tv app on mobile device; have reinstalled it a dozen times over past year, specifically 2x last week.  And, have rebooted dvr more than a dozen times over past 2 months, 2x last week.

Today, for example,  my mobile device shows programs deleted from dvr over a period of 6 months (Nashville).

Also today, Movies recorded (12/15) and still on DVR today do not show on mobile (Star Trek into Darkness, Lone Survivor). 

There are tons of comcast customers having the same issue, since 2014, yet i have not found the solution.  Only that some savvy comcast technicians have found missing codes. Perhaps missing in certain U.S. regions? 

from comcastchad 11-20-2015 05:19 PM:  It's a $0 code and is required to access the app, there is nothing added once you download and register your device for the first time. It's built into the X1 DVR offers now.

How do i know if my system, hardware, software, whatever is coded properly?  

Problem Solver

If you can see your DVR recordings on your mobile device through the Xfinity TV app, then you already have the "code" on your account.

As for why your recordings don't match, that is a different story.  If you are seeing recordings on the app that you deleted from your DVR already, then just delete them from the app. What's the big deal? Sometimes technology doesn't always work right. If you can't delete them, then you have a legitimate problem.

You also can get mismatches if the physical DVR fails to record the episode due to a power failure, signal troubles, etc. The Cloud DVR is still capable of recording an episode even if the physical DVR was unplugged.

As for "Star Trek into Darkness", if you look at its info on the "Recordings" page of the DVR, is it marked "Not available for mobile viewing"? If it is, then that's why you don't see it on the mobile app. I get the "Not available for mobile viewing" bug every now and then, and the episode doesn't get recorded to the Cloud. This is some bug that Comcast won't admit to.

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

If you can see your DVR recordings on your mobile device through the Xfinity TV app, then you already have the "code" on your account.

As for why your recordings don't match, that is a different story.  If you are seeing recordings on the app that you deleted from your DVR already, then just delete them from the app. What's the big deal? Sometimes technology doesn't always work right. If you can't delete them, then you have a legitimate problem.

You also can get mismatches if the physical DVR fails to record the episode due to a power failure, signal troubles, etc. The Cloud DVR is still capable of recording an episode even if the physical DVR was unplugged.

As for "Star Trek into Darkness", if you look at its info on the "Recordings" page of the DVR, is it marked "Not available for mobile viewing"? If it is, then that's why you don't see it on the mobile app. I get the "Not available for mobile viewing" bug every now and then, and the episode doesn't get recorded to the Cloud. This is some bug that Comcast won't admit to.

it isn't a bug, it is a DRM that the content provider turns on.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Wrong, it is a bug. I get this intermittently on scheduled recordings. All I have to do is reschedule the program and the "Not available for mobile viewing" message disappears. If it was a DRM issue, it would stay. I have talked to Comcast tech support about this and they gave me a lame excuse (after about 3 weeks of them researching it) about it having to be with me not scheduling the program as a series recording. The tech said that is what engineering told him. I laughed at the tech and he thought it a weird excuse as well.

Rustyben wrote:

it isn't a bug, it is a DRM that the content provider turns on.

Regular Visitor

I am having a similar issue.  recordings from September are showing in the app now that were deleted by October.  The app will not play them, they are just listed.  My box says dvr is 74% full (and comcast says that is correct), but the app says 100% full and i keep getting that message in the TV even though it is clearly not.  The rep wants to send out a tech because she believes the box (which matches what she sees) is the issue, not the app.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation