Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 box response time & internet moving much slower than usual

Contributor

X1 box response time & internet moving much slower than usual

Can a Comcast rep check my specs (or can someone let me know how to check myself) to see if something has changed/gotten worse?  Remote button presses are slow to bring up the resulting action (guide, menu options, etc.), if they even do at all.  Internet is now buffering through any kind of streaming video and also freezing on loading non-video websites.  This has been happening for a few days.  I did a system refresh via the set top box the other day, and that seemed to help the response for the TV at the time.  However, I'm back to having the same problem today, 2 days later.  I also reset the router, but that did not help the internet issue, and that continues today as well.

Would appreciate any advice or input.  Thanks. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box response time & internet moving much slower than usual

You have classic connection problems with the Comcast network.

Something is wrong with the connections between you and the Comcast network. The problem could be within your house, in your yard or blocks down the street from your house.

You need an on-site technician to at least start the process.
Contributor

I figured I would need a tech to come out, but I was hoping to try to pinpoint or isolate any possible problems so they could focus on that because some techs only give half effort on trying to get to the root of a problem like this.

Contributor

I say that only because while this problem seems to be occurring with regularity, there are periods when things are working smoothly.  And it always seems to be that the problems aren't happening when the tech is out, so it's hard for them to address the issue if they can't see or duplicate it.

Gold Problem Solver

I've been there. It's a bad connection in the network.

KidSleez wrote:

I say that only because while this problem seems to be occurring with regularity, there are periods when things are working smoothly.  And it always seems to be that the problems aren't happening when the tech is out, so it's hard for them to address the issue if they can't see or duplicate it.

Contributor

I'll schedule a tech to come out as soon as I can to see if they can find the source of the problems.

Official Employee

Hey KidSleez. I can help with checking the signal and scheduling a technician visit for you. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My menu takes about 5 to ten second to open, sounds like I need a techinian as well. Was hoping for an easier solution.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

My guide is not working correctly, my picture on all tv runs slow and freezes. When I press the play or pause the button delays causing me to think I did not press hard enough so I press again only to find the action has reversed what I wanted to do, (ie; start when I want to pause and vise versa)

Regular Visitor

Most teck want to replace my DVR box only to find the DVR box was not the problem. The problem is in the central server system, not my house. Comcast even installed a new line from the street to the house only to find the problem is out in the system somewhere.

Official Employee

Hi davidsheart,

Sorry to hear of the experience you're having with the guide. Has this problem been resolved for you yet? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation