Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 TV App: notifications for reminders/recordings?

Silver Problem Solver

X1 TV App: notifications for reminders/recordings?

Here's a suggestion for you, Comcast.

With X1 finally getting the reminders feature, can these reminders carry over to the TV App? This way my Android or iOS tablet or smartphone will beep at me as well when an upcoming show is about to air.

And/Or maybe set it to alert me when a DVR recording completes, so I know I have something waiting for me to watch.

Currently, the TV app barely uses notifications at all, only telling me when a DVR recording finishes downloading, or that I entered background download mode, but these are kind of useless, in my opinion.

Would this even be possible? I'm not too well versed in the development aspect of Android or iOS. I use both products, but it seems like after a while of not opening an app on both platforms, it's notifications stop. I'm not sure if this is just the developer of the app just giving up trying to get my attention, or if the OS prevents the app from syncing after the app hasn't been used for so long. At least with Android, I know that I can get non-scheduled notifications pushed to my device, as I get notifications all the time saying that a player visited my town or something in games that I play (but same games don't give me same notifications on iOS). So maybe we'd have to keep opening the app every so often to have it sync with the X1 server and/or refresh the inactivity timeout?

Anyone have any thoughts or can educate me on how Android/iOS works in this regard?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation