Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 TV Android App

New Poster

X1 TV Android App

Xfinity TV Go runs fine on medium quality, no freezes or glitches.  Does not run on high quality but that's o.k.  But the X1 TV app that actually allows full access to our Digital Preferred channels freezes, sometimes vid and aud, sometimes just vid, aud continues.  There are no medium quality settings in the X1 TV app.  Devices is Acer Iconia running ICS 4.0.3.  I ran some benchmarks, it's not processor, video processer section speed or memory.  Also, the app runs smoothly on a device running a slower processor with less memory but running 4.3.  Is there are work-around or some way to adjust to a medium quality? thanks.

Contributor

Re: X1 TV Android App

Sorry I posted in wrong thread

New Poster

I am having a similar issue. The X1 TV apps works fine on my ipad and my iphone, but not on my android tablet. I can open the app and view everything, but when I try to watch a channel or watch something from the cloud dvr it starts it up and right before it starts to play it says that it is buffering and then it crashes the app.

I have the TV Go app installed on the same tablet and that works flawlessly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still doesn't work.

New Poster

I discovered a possible work around that confirms the cause is poor feed from Comcast's x1 or bad code in their app, both fixable but, while Comcast happily promotes device access as a valued feature, they don't actually provide a working system. When you open the app immediately choose a channel by number rather than letting it open. On mine it buffers starts then vid freezes. Touch the stop square then after 10 seconds touch play.it should buffer then play, mine even diplays HD confirming its not a hardware or OS issue at least in my case. If it stops fully close the app and try again.
New Poster

Hi Lindsey

Unfortunately, the work around didn't work for me. I was able to pause it when it was buffering and I waited 10 seconds and when I hit play again, it started buffering again and then crashed.

Hopefully, comcast will issue a fix soon. I just updated the app with their newest update but still had the same result.

Thanks

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation