Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 Remote voice command failure

ANSWERED
New Poster

X1 Remote voice command failure

X1 remote works well except for message "sorry, i didn't get that" upon voice command. Batteries good. Rebooted modem and reset remote. Channel changing and volume control work fine.

Accepted Solution

Re: X1 Remote voice command failure

For now I resolved issue.  Evn though I replaced batteries with charged batteries (Ichecked for charge) the remote still malfunctioned. Next day I went in and checked batteries again and found the one was alkaline and the other was lithium. The latter had completely discharged. So last night I replaced both batteries with new Duracell batteries and it worked after that. If the problem reoccurs I will follow with update

I did not try recommended solution but incorrectly response "success".

View answer in context
Service Expert

Robert1944 wrote:

X1 remote works well except for message "sorry, i didn't get that" upon voice command. Batteries good. Rebooted modem and reset remote. Channel changing and volume control work fine.

try pressing and holding the voice button (LED on remote will change to blue and say 'pause'. the video should pause. no need to talk loudly just move the remote 6-12 inches from your mouth. Did that work?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Robert1944 wrote:

Is it the same for both boxes or just one? FYI, your modem has nothing to do with your X1 service.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

For now I resolved issue.  Evn though I replaced batteries with charged batteries (Ichecked for charge) the remote still malfunctioned. Next day I went in and checked batteries again and found the one was alkaline and the other was lithium. The latter had completely discharged. So last night I replaced both batteries with new Duracell batteries and it worked after that. If the problem reoccurs I will follow with update

New Poster

I did not try recommended solution but incorrectly response "success".

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation