Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 Power save on while set to off.

New Poster

X1 Power save on while set to off.

STB Type: PX022AN

I have a X1 STB, and after this last major update, then unit will ' power save ' with the device setting for power saver set to Off. 

Anyone have an idea on this?

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Power save on while set to off.

Dragon0562 wrote:

I have a X1 STB, and after this last major update, then unit will ' power save ' with the device setting for power saver set to Off. 

I'm having this same problem. Have to keep pushing on blue light to wake. How do we stop power save?

Problem Solver

Dragon0562 wrote:

I just searched the forums and found this :

"In morning you can turn on using remote all power button."

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-power-save-faqs/

New Poster

MikeB39A wrote:

Dragon0562 wrote:

To Quote that link you used.

How do I turn on Power Saver?
To put your device in Power Saver mode:

• Press the Power button on the front of your X1 TV Box.
  • You can also get your TV Box to automatically go into Power Saver mode after a few hours by setting a timer in Settings > Device Settings > Power Preferences.
  • Once your TV Box is in Power Saver mode, turn it back on by pressing any button on your remote control.

I have the unit set to power saver - Off. 

It SHOULD be always on. Yet, it is still going into power saving.

it seems there is a error in the update, but thank you for your assistance.

Problem Solver

Dragon0562 wrote:

MikeB39A wrote:

Dragon0562 wrote:

To Quote that link you used.

How do I turn on Power Saver?
To put your device in Power Saver mode:

• Press the Power button on the front of your X1 TV Box.
  • You can also get your TV Box to automatically go into Power Saver mode after a few hours by setting a timer in Settings > Device Settings > Power Preferences.
  • Once your TV Box is in Power Saver mode, turn it back on by pressing any button on your remote control.

I have the unit set to power saver - Off. 

It SHOULD be always on. Yet, it is still going into power saving.

it seems there is a error in the update, but thank you for your assistance.

For what it's worth, mine is still set to off also. Also, I set it to record a late night show last night

and even with the blue light off, it recorded on DVR with no problem.

New Poster

Mine are doing the same thing after a recent update.  Now my Logitech Harmony macro to turn everything on doesn't work, and maybe I have to add a second power on command to it.  Likely I'll wait to see if this is resolved.

Tried turning power save on, saving it, then turning it back off to no avail.  Tried restarting the box through the GUI to no avail as well.

New Poster

I have the same issue (i.e. the setting of "Off" for Device > "Power Save" does not seem to stick).

I discovered that the other choices for the setting don't really work either. The "8 Hours" setting did not prevent the X1 box from going into power-save standby when I checked the X1 box 5 to 6 hours after choosing the option of "8 Hours". Yesterday I used the "Reset" function to reset/reboot the X1 box and then set "Power Save" to "Off". About 45 minutes later, I noticed that the X1 box had gone into power-save standby.

It is well and good that the DVR part of the X1 box makes recordings regardless of whether the X1 box is in standby, but I need the X1 box to just stay on. The reasons have to do with an intermittent problem with the TV itself and wanting to avoid getting called by certain other household members/guests to troubleshoot the situation.

Anyway, I tried a chat session with Xfinity support and we reached the conclusion that the thing to do was to just go to an Xfinity storefront and get the box swapped. My impression is the problem is relatively rare, not noticed, or both.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation