Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 Makes watching TV more complicated, more work and less enjoyable

Contributor

X1 Makes watching TV more complicated, more work and less enjoyable

It seems as though Comast is leading the way in cord cutting. I recently switched from the HD/DVR DC3400, which has a simple guide/interface and even easier functionality with the remote. Please bring back a simple to use HD/DVR. You're cutting out a huge part of the population above 60 years old due to the complication. I'm not looking for advice or reasons why some of the "Expert Users" think it's so wonderful. They know not what they say most the time anyway and the older population I speak of are my parents.  Very disappointed I had to switch due to failing HD/DVR and my parents leave it on one chanel and sometimes go days without turning it on because of the complications. And to suggest they go back to the days of antenta or a non DVR box is insulting.   

Official Employee

Re: X1 Makes watching TV more complicated, more work and less enjoyable

ttj69 --

I'm sorry to hear you're not a fan of X1 - we have customers of all ages who love it, but understand that bells and whistles aren't for everyone.  Although X1 does have a lot of features... you definitely don't need to use them all.  Most features that you loved about your older DVR we can probably assist with here... is there something specific you're not happy about?  We may be able to help!

Ultimately, in most areas, you still have the option to keep your older equipment for now.  If you do wish to swich back, any of our employees would be glad to help - just swing in to an XFINTIY Store with your equipment, and we can swap it out for you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

ttjj69 wrote:

It seems as though Comast is leading the way in cord cutting. I recently switched from the HD/DVR DC3400, which has a simple guide/interface and even easier functionality with the remote. Please bring back a simple to use HD/DVR. You're cutting out a huge part of the population above 60 years old due to the complication. I'm not looking for advice or reasons why some of the "Expert Users" think it's so wonderful. They know not what they say most the time anyway and the older population I speak of are my parents.  Very disappointed I had to switch due to failing HD/DVR and my parents leave it on one chanel and sometimes go days without turning it on because of the complications. And to suggest they go back to the days of antenta or a non DVR box is insulting.   

hi, do they like the easy to use voice commands?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I'll stay with it. This is going to be the only choice in a few years, so I migght as well get use to it. The biggest issue and the best analogy I can use is this. It's like going from a single dial thermostat to a digital thermostat that needs programming. 

Regular Contributor

ttjj69 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I'll stay with it. This is going to be the only choice in a few years, so I migght as well get use to it. The biggest issue and the best analogy I can use is this. It's like going from a single dial thermostat to a digital thermostat that needs programming. 

Stick with it. I am 59 and usually the first to complain about anything, but I find the X1 to be pretty awesome. The voice remote takes you pretty much anywhere and is really good for looking up stuff on you tube. Not for everybody I'm sure but if you watch a lot of tv, X1 is the best thing I've seen. Still picking up stuff off of it too. Hang in there

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation