Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 Error: only available on your home WiFi network.

New Poster

X1 Error: only available on your home WiFi network.

My Laptop or any device on WiFi has been saying 'Channel xxx only available on yourhome WiFi network.' for a week now and I can play anything via xtv.comcast.net.   Please help?

--Brett

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Error: only available on your home WiFi network.

First, check other posts first.  This issue has been posted a number of times!

reactivate your modem at xfinity.com/activate. 

Service Expert

hiweb wrote:

My Laptop or any device on WiFi has been saying 'Channel xxx only available on yourhome WiFi network.' for a week now and I can play anything via xtv.comcast.net.   Please help?

--Brett

look at your dns settings in your wifi router. the router must have the same dns servers that you would get automatically from comcast. changing dns1 to google's dns for example will defeat your in home streaming. the same goes for your settings in your laptop. if you have set a dns server that is not comcast you will have the same issue as you describe. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the same exact issue on my laptop and it's been going on for about 6 months now.  I had Comcast for 2 years prior to that and this never happened!!!  It all started 6 months ago.  If I open and close the browser a few times, or switch to a different browser, then sometimes I can get the online streaming to work.

But most of the time, I get the message stating that I need to be on my home network to watch live TV.

Comcast gave me a brand new router today and said that should fix the problem.  IT DID NOT!!!  This is so frustrating.

Can the issue have something to do with the fact that I needed to relocate my router to a different room and am now using a 3rd party cable???

P.S.  I checked the DNS settings on both my laptop and router.  They are IDENTICAL.  Yet, I'm still told that I'm not connected to my home network!!!

In the meanwhile, I'm going to try using the original comcast cable with my router to see if it resolves this issue.

Comcast has the worse support ever.  The only response I ever get is, "Reboot your device".

Regular Contributor

This problem has existed for 4 years.  There is another post in this forum that dates back to 2014 and is 7 pages long about this problem and I have seen at least one post somewhere (not sure what forum) that was dated 2012.

Activating sometimes gets it to work for a short time, but it will usually go back to that error.

The title of the post mentioned is:

Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" even though I'm on my home network

Service Expert

Klawdek wrote:

This problem has existed for 4 years.  There is another post in this forum that dates back to 2014 and is 7 pages long about this problem and I have seen at least one post somewhere (not sure what forum) that was dated 2012.

Activating sometimes gets it to work for a short time, but it will usually go back to that error.

The title of the post mentioned is:

Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" even though I'm on my home network

Weird.  I have never had this issue since I started using my Comcast gateway's wifi connection and my Comcast primary user name/password.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation