Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 DVR Recordings Now Showing in TV App

New Poster

X1 DVR Recordings Now Showing in TV App

Hello,

We upgraded to the X1 platform over the weekend and it's working great.  I downloaded the Xfinity TV app to my iPhone and iPad and it works great for streaming live TV.  However, in both apps none of our recordings are showing.  I've logged in and out of the apps and restarted the iPad and iPhone but that hasn't helped.

Is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks,

Kevin

Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR Recordings Now Showing in TV App

Are you still seeign this issue? I see completed recordings showing on the cloud recorder (XTV app)

KevinBachelder wrote:

Hello,

We upgraded to the X1 platform over the weekend and it's working great.  I downloaded the Xfinity TV app to my iPhone and iPad and it works great for streaming live TV.  However, in both apps none of our recordings are showing.  I've logged in and out of the apps and restarted the iPad and iPhone but that hasn't helped.

Is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks,

Kevin

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

You fixed it!

Recordings are now showing up in the app on my iPhone. 

Thank you.  Smiley Happy

New Poster

X1 DVR Recordings Not Showing in TV App

Please help!!  I have the Xfinity X1 platform at home & we live near Chicago.  I have downloaded the app but cannot see my DVR shows.  I have called customer service & spent well over an hhour on the phone, transferred numerous times & then I get cut off & the line goes dead.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR Recordings Not Showing in TV App

brian1580 wrote:

Please help!!  I have the Xfinity X1 platform at home & we live near Chicago.  I have downloaded the app but cannot see my DVR shows.  I have called customer service & spent well over an hhour on the phone, transferred numerous times & then I get cut off & the line goes dead.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Your account is missing the cloud dvr rate codes, i will send to your local support teams to have them added.. Should be fixed in the next 24-48 hours.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

You are amazing!  I will check over the next couple days & reply either way to let you know.  I wish I'd tried using the forums instead of wasting so much time with customer service.  Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

New Poster

Ok, while I was on this forum I was also on hold with Comcast & found an extremely helpful guy (finally) who said the same thing you did & he said he fixed it.  I uninstalled & re-installed the Xfinitiy TV app as he requested & can now see the recordings option but it says my DVR has no recordings.  Will it take awhile to show up or is there possibly another issue that needs to be fixed?  Thanks for your help

ComcastChad wrote:

brian1580 wrote:

Your account is missing the cloud dvr rate codes, i will send to your local support teams to have them added.. Should be fixed in the next 24-48 hours.

Official Employee

brian1580 wrote:

Ok, while I was on this forum I was also on hold with Comcast & found an extremely helpful guy (finally) who said the same thing you did & he said he fixed it.  I uninstalled & re-installed the Xfinitiy TV app as he requested & can now see the recordings option but it says my DVR has no recordings.  Will it take awhile to show up or is there possibly another issue that needs to be fixed?  Thanks for your help

ComcastChad wrote:

brian1580 wrote:

No, its workign as expected.. You will only see completed recoridngs from today and on as they will start recorindg to the cloud now that you are up and running.   You wont see your previously recorded programs.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Oh that's great then!  Thank you so much for your help again.  I will be sure to utitlize the forum in the future.  You have put back some faith in Comcast for me.  Great job ComcastChad!!

New Poster

I'm having the same problem as everyone else here we had the X1 platform installed yesterday and I downloaded the TV app for my iPad but the recordings from my DVR weren't showing. I called customer service they transferred me numerous times and they made a ticket for me said I would here back within 72hrs. Tonight however it's showing one recording that I set up through the app but that recording is only showing in my app not on my tv DVR . I'm totally confused by all this and just want to be able to see all of my recordings in my X11 tv app and be able to download and watch them can anyone help me??

Regular Visitor

I just downloaded the app on my ipad and can only see live TV. Says I have no scheduled recording......but I do.

Official Employee

Hbialeschki wrote:

I'm having the same problem as everyone else here we had the X1 platform installed yesterday and I downloaded the TV app for my iPad but the recordings from my DVR weren't showing. I called customer service they transferred me numerous times and they made a ticket for me said I would here back within 72hrs. Tonight however it's showing one recording that I set up through the app but that recording is only showing in my app not on my tv DVR . I'm totally confused by all this and just want to be able to see all of my recordings in my X11 tv app and be able to download and watch them can anyone help me??

Are you still seeing this issue?  I am seeing completed recoridngs on the cloud recorder and your X1 DVR cable box.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

We upgraded to X1 3 days ago and from day one, have not been able to see any recordings or scheduled recordings on our mobile devices.....just today...I can see the scheuduled recordings but still none of my recordings show up under "saved"...have tried customer support line...gave me a ticket number , but couldn't help. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

ComcastChad wrote:

Hbialeschki wrote:

Are you still seeing this issue?  I am seeing completed recoridngs on the cloud recorder and your X1 DVR cable box.

New Poster

Hi I upgraded to x1 dvr today and no recorded shows are showing on my app, although they are downloaded to the dvr. Please help, thanks. 

Joseph

Official Employee

Do you see the recordings and scheduled tab under saved? Also what market are you in?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Can you please help me as well!! I have had the X1 for a while and just got the app but my dvr is not showing up anywhere?
Regular Visitor

Hi Chad i too have the X1 Dvr cloud service in the richmond VA area and I do not see the recordings or scheduled tab under saved. They were there but then they disappeared when I first noticed in Aug. Called CS and spoke with Billing and X1 support and both confirmed dvr cloud rate codes exist on my account but those tabs are still missing..
New Poster

Hi Chad! Show recordings are not showing on my app as well. I'm in Bloomington, MN (55437). Are you able to address our code as well?

Official Employee

Robfrommars wrote:

Hi Chad! Show recordings are not showing on my app as well. I'm in Bloomington, MN (55437). Are you able to address our code as well?

Minnesota doesn't have cloud dvr service yet.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thank you for the quick reply!!!

Official Employee
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation