Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 DVR Recording Pixelates in the beginning

New Poster

X1 DVR Recording Pixelates in the beginning

My X1 DVR recordings have been pixelating at the start of the program within the first few minutes, while the rest of the recoding is fine. This happens only at the beginning of the program. I reset the timer to start recording 1 and 2 minutes early, but it still pixelates in the first few minutes of the program itself. Rebooting / Restarting does no good.

Service Expert

Re: X1 DVR Recording Pixelates in the beginning

jvg1206 wrote:

My X1 DVR recordings have been pixelating at the start of the program within the first few minutes, while the rest of the recoding is fine. This happens only at the beginning of the program. I reset the timer to start recording 1 and 2 minutes early, but it still pixelates in the first few minutes of the program itself. Rebooting / Restarting does no good.

assuming you have cloud DVR active, the next time you run into this issue, check the copy of the program on a smart device using the xfinity TV app or using a lap/desktop PC browser go to xtv.comcast.net and login. 

if the copy has the same issues it isn't your local equipment nor wiring. If the DVR cloud copy does not have the issue then comcast can assist you in getting the signals corrected. 800-896-8678.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hello Rusty, that's correct and I should have specified that. The recordings on the home DVR itself are flawless, it's the cloud copy that pixelates while watching it on Xfinity TV Go or any online app/portal. Also, the 800 number given is for a trucking company.......

Gold Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote: ... 800-896-8678.

Did you mean 877-896-8678 ?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation