Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 Box / Service getting very slow

Frequent Visitor

X1 Box / Service getting very slow

Is it just me, or is the X1 service becoming much more slow and unresponsive?  Perhaps my boxes are out-dated, but I have only had them about 18-24 months or so. It just seems like with each software update that gets rolled out, it slows me down even more. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Box / Service getting very slow

It's just you.

When X1 boxes get slow or sluggish that usually means they are fighting with signal problems. The problem could be as simple as a loose connection or a bad cable fitting but it could be more.

You can either troubleshoot the issue yourself or have Comcast send a tech out to investigate.

retownes wrote:

Is it just me, or is the X1 service becoming much more slow and unresponsive?  Perhaps my boxes are out-dated, but I have only had them about 18-24 months or so. It just seems like with each software update that gets rolled out, it slows me down even more. 

New Poster

First off, to the poster who stated that it was just the OP who is experiencing this issue: you have no way of knowing that.

I`m experiencing the same issue. All my connections are snug and I have enabled Comcast Labs on my set to box. I have used the Comcast Labs Signal Strength option which reflects a signal strength of Good. It is really annoying since I am paying a premium for this sevice. I should get a premium product.

Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation