Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 BOX - Weird Messages

Frequent Visitor

X1 BOX - Weird Messages

My X1 box has worked for 4 years with no issue. Then one day it said I have issues on the screen and need to call comcast. Thought bill not paid. NO! Other TV's worked fine.

I rebooted box, and then NO info presented on TV screen. Box still says "BOOTING" and other non-understandable messages like PS3? Finally, box shows the time of day but when I turn on  TV, the screen is black. When I push guide, and any other button for that matter, the box is not talking to the TV. 

1) I rebooted 4 times now. When rebooting TV screen is black. 

2) Again, last box worked it said I needed to call Comcast and after that its been black screen ever since. 

3) Tried unplugging everything, using boot sequence of even unplugging coaxial and power for 15 minutes, plugged the power in, put COAX in first, then power.  Still no go. 

4) The fact that the CLOCK is on is bizarre since if the box was down and not talking to the internet the time would either OFF or clock not working. 

HOW TO FIX???

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 BOX - Weird Messages

Sounds like the box is defective. I'd replace it.

bertdanger wrote:

My X1 box has worked for 4 years with no issue. Then one day it said I have issues on the screen and need to call comcast. Thought bill not paid. NO! Other TV's worked fine.

I rebooted box, and then NO info presented on TV screen. Box still says "BOOTING" and other non-understandable messages like PS3? Finally, box shows the time of day but when I turn on  TV, the screen is black. When I push guide, and any other button for that matter, the box is not talking to the TV. 

1) I rebooted 4 times now. When rebooting TV screen is black. 

2) Again, last box worked it said I needed to call Comcast and after that its been black screen ever since. 

3) Tried unplugging everything, using boot sequence of even unplugging coaxial and power for 15 minutes, plugged the power in, put COAX in first, then power.  Still no go. 

4) The fact that the CLOCK is on is bizarre since if the box was down and not talking to the internet the time would either OFF or clock not working. 

HOW TO FIX???

Frequent Visitor

I see you are a GOLD user so is this an issue you have seen before? I guess I'll call comcast then and get a new box shipped out. So....you are pretty sure the box is defective yes?

Gold Problem Solver

Yes I am pretty sure. However I would have a Comcast tech replace the box. If the box is bad (good chance it is) it would be replaced at no charge and the technician could check your signal levels at the same time.
Service Expert

adding.... using the tv Remote check to see that the TV is still set for the HDMI input that the Set top box is plugged. When you see the clock you know you had a successful STB boot and should see something on the screen. if the wrong input is selected or the TV has ignored that input jack then selecting it via the TV remote might wake up the connection.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Hi bertdanger -- Following up on your box issue. I reviewed your account and looks like you did complete a box exchange. Have these issues cleared up now that you have a new box? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation