Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 App Help

New Poster

X1 App Help

Hi..I do have the X1 app available in my area. However, I am getting an error message. I tried to delete the app and then re-install it. I am getting the following error in the app store:

"Redownload Unavailable with this Apple ID: this redownload is not available fo this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled".

I am truly not sure what this means..I do not have family sharing turned on for this ipad and it wasn't something i purchased or returned? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Service Expert

Re: X1 App Help

Dlevatino wrote:

Hi..I do have the X1 app available in my area. However, I am getting an error message. I tried to delete the app and then re-install it. I am getting the following error in the app store:

"Redownload Unavailable with this Apple ID: this redownload is not available fo this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled".

I am truly not sure what this means..I do not have family sharing turned on for this ipad and it wasn't something i purchased or returned? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

you did not state which app, but the 'current' apps are free. the "xfinity x1 Remote" app is a red icon and takes place of the handheld remote. The "xfinity my accouint" app lets you report and check on problems, reauthorized your equipment, and get remote codes to control TVs and in some cases, receivers in home entertainment setup.

If you have Cloud DVR service the "xfinity TV" app gives you access to the recordings you have made on your DVR as well as allows you to download programs for offline (non-streaming) viewing.

If you do not have Cloud DVR service yet in your area, the "xfinity TV Remote" allows you do browse the guide, record shows and do a full DVR Manager function.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Dlevatino wrote:

Hi Dlevatino, 

It looks like an issue with the Apple App Store.  I went ahead and took a look at the Apple Forums and found that it is a common issue with home shared accounts and family accounts.  

I found a fix that worked for other Apple users, you can try the following from your phone settings: 

Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads > Apps [Toggle On]

Please let me know if this resolved your issue!

Thank you!

ComcastAllie

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

ComcastAllie wrote:

Dlevatino wrote:

Hi Dlevatino, 

It looks like an issue with the Apple App Store.  I went ahead and took a look at the Apple Forums and found that it is a common issue with home shared accounts and family accounts.  

I found a fix that worked for other Apple users, you can try the following from your phone settings: 

Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads > Apps [Toggle On]

Please let me know if this resolved your issue!

Thank you!

ComcastAllie

hi allie that automatic setting you listed is for updates and is default on. I have mine off because i want to see updates and fixes before installing. Smiley Happy

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation