Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Won't let me play TV-MA program

New Poster

Won't let me play TV-MA program

Trying to watch the Walking Dead, but it keeps asking me to "Manage Parental Controls," which doesn't make any sense, because there are no controls turned on. Nothing happens when I try to make a new PIN for parental controls.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Won't let me play TV-MA program

deschwab wrote:

Trying to watch the Walking Dead, but it keeps asking me to "Manage Parental Controls," which doesn't make any sense, because there are no controls turned on. Nothing happens when I try to make a new PIN for parental controls.

When you go to customer.comcast.com and click Xfinity TV Online Parental Controls under the Users & Preferences tab does it make any reference that Parental Controls are on?

Do you have any secondary accounts?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm getting the same problem trying to watch The Walking Dead. Set up a pin for parental controls, tried turning them all off, tried just about everything with the parental controls and it still says

"This video is rated TV-MA. The following program is intended for mature audiences only."

Getting kind of ticked off at comcast lately, from raising my bill to triple digits for only two services and now not even being able to watch my favorite show online. Really considering switching to directTv.

Official Employee

Khersh255 wrote:

I'm getting the same problem trying to watch The Walking Dead. Set up a pin for parental controls, tried turning them all off, tried just about everything with the parental controls and it still says

"This video is rated TV-MA. The following program is intended for mature audiences only."

Getting kind of ticked off at comcast lately, from raising my bill to triple digits for only two services and now not even being able to watch my favorite show online. Really considering switching to directTv.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, is this happening for all Walking Dead videos?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem... Has it been resolved?

New Poster

I'm having the same problem with Game of Thrones; I've done all of the above stated things also and still just get a screen that says I need to manage the parental controls. It never progresses or allows me to choose play.

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 162 My Map ID: 43 My Persona ID: 12039 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 24.61.226.241 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 8 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2760 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Feb 27 2013 12:29:49 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Wed Feb 27 2013 12:29:49 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, br, cx, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bp, cw, cj, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false
Official Employee

afk1035 wrote:

I'm having the same problem with Game of Thrones; I've done all of the above stated things also and still just get a screen that says I need to manage the parental controls. It never progresses or allows me to choose play.

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 162 My Map ID: 43 My Persona ID: 12039 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 24.61.226.241 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 8 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2760 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Feb 27 2013 12:29:49 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Wed Feb 27 2013 12:29:49 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, br, cx, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bp, cw, cj, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false

Please update to the newest version of Firefox and then please try again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I also have the same issue, I'm running the latest versions of Safari and Chrome, it still won't let me watch even TV-14 content, even though I've disabled all parental controls. I also have the latest versions of Flash installed.

New Poster

This is still an issue! I still can't watch any content because it says I have parental controls on, I go, disable them, even  unlock everything, and still can't watch shows!

New Poster

I having the same problem. Can we get a response/fix to this issue?

New Poster

Same problem here, parental controls wide open, also tried with parental controls disabled. 

Using latest version of firefox, also tried with chrome browser, and opera as well, trying to watch The Sopranos and it's giving me the same exact message - obtaining authorization..... this video is rated TV-MA, then has the link to manage parental controls.

No changes or adjustments on the parental controls do anything to alleviate this problem, clearing cookies and cache in the browser also does nothing.

I see the first post regarding this problem was from February, is there any reason this should not be fixed by now?  We all pay way too much for this service to have to deal with a hang-up like this for over 6 months.

You guys there at Xfinity have the latest and greatest hardware, servers, IT guys, you name it, could you please get someone to actively look into this problem, and get it resolved?

Thank you

New Poster

Same problem watching online (Syfy's Face Off rated TV-14) *ALL* are unlocked, double triple quadruple checked! No conflicts on channel permissions, etc. Some episodes show the TV-14 warning and then play, some just hang at the warning. Paying for extended cable for this channel, and can't watch it? Very disatisfied customer here.

New Poster

Same problem. Don't have Parental Controls enabled at all, but the videos state that I don't have permission to watch due to Parental Controls. Please advise before I cancel.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. Why doesn't Comcast fix it?

New Poster

Same here I've tried several times to watch AHS. 

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 149 My Map ID: 220 My Persona ID: 5173 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: false Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 98.223.120.106 My operating system: Linux - Linux x86_64 My web browser: Firefox 24 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 11.2.202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (1757 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Oct 24 2013 23:43:34 GMT-0500 (CDT) Server Clock Time: Thu Oct 24 2013 23:43:26 GMT-0500 (CDT)
My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, gt, du, cy, fk, ep, eq, hc, dm, hr, cq, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, gi, ja, bw, gf, bu, by, ax, bs, at, em, bl, ix, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, iy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ce, it, ez, dx, gk, fh, ef, fd, do, fy, is, au, ew, ed, b, go, dj, de, ei, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, cw, ge, ea, cb, e, eb, bz, co, ir, gh, dp, gn, jc, gg, gl, dh, f, m, en, gp, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, ia, cz, cr, c, br, fe, ex, ga, fw, bh, fz, bx, dw, bb, bc, fn, ff, dv, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, bk, er, fv, dy, cj, bo, dn, ft, bq, g, aw, dc, dl, dd, da, im, fq, fl, gs, bv, el, di, fu, cx, dk, dq, fg, cm, fp, ds, eo, gx, d, y, es, gj, ev, ht, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
New Poster

Garbage service.  On demand online wont let me watch any shows that are MA-TV.  Asks for parental controls and when I go and jump through their stupid hoops it does absolutely NO GOOD!!!  Im so frustrated with the gargage comcast consistantly feeds us.

New Poster

It also such a pleasure when Im watching an on demand program online with my ipad, the show just quits half way through.  Goes to a black screen.  Comcast is wonderful!!!!  I love how they take my $110/month and give me garbage in return.

Frequent Visitor

I don't guess you people have bothered to fix this problem yet?  I get the same problem in Chrome but not IE.

New Poster

Also not working for me. Same problem. Comcast is such bullshipt. They clearly do not even care, evidenced by the fact that this has been posted for almost a year without any solution. Hopefully people choosing a provider see this page in google search results and decide not waste their time with his craap

Contributor

Same issues here.  Why is this not resolved after so many complaints?

It has been days now. 

I just thought it was the ads blocking it, but thankfully those always play! 

I just want to watch a few of my favorite shows online.  Ugh.

New Poster

I believe that Comcast does this to keep viewers going back to the TV. If we only use the internet to view content normally broadcast on TV at least half the revenue they generate is lost. This also includes network advertising, as well as their own provided advertising. We have a guaranty that this programming is available on-line. Time to consider a class action against Comcast for failure to keep their end of the service contract.

Regular Visitor

I also can not watch tv online. I just received a new laptop with windows 8 on it and have tried all suggestions.

melmcbee
New Poster

Same Problem, Tried turning parental controls on and off, setting up a pin, etc. This issue started happening a few days ago, and every day sense I've been trying to watch anything from movies to TV shows, and the service does not work. Today I have been able to play the ad before a selected video, and then I'm brought to a screen that has the media player and it will sit on Buffering for hours. This has nothing to do with anything on my end as other steaming services work fine. I have not changed any hardware settings or updated my PC, its simply not working. IS YOUR SERVICE DOWN?
Contributor

same here.....i can watch 1 show......when i click onto another after viewing 1st show, parental control shows up and it freezes there....as usual,i have to go to abc,nbc,hbo or showtime sites to watch online. i pay comcast 150.00 a month every month. there is usually some new issue every 3 months or so.....i keep my end of the business agreement i have with comcast by making my payments.THEY however, are not fulfilling their end of the agreement because i am supposed to be able to view online content and i usually have an issue.no problems with ANY OTHER sites....

New Poster

Ummm...im trying to stream movies on my laptop and its prompting me to do something with the parental control...had no locks on but I set up a pass code anyway...and......NOTHING!! i would really like to watch a movie.....like....right now!! Assistance Needed!!! *hehe*

New Poster

Need help as well....thanks Comcast Joe...i assume this will be fixed promptly?!    

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 42 My Map ID: 2 My Persona ID: 7357 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Watchlist setup: false Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 2601:e:2180:616:89ae:283e:2ecc:6dbd My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.2 My web browser: Explorer 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; MAGWJS) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20913.0 My Flash version: 12.0.0.38 Javascript: enabled                     Cookies: Enabled (2146 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Feb 1 21:13:26 CST 2014 Server Clock Time: Sat Feb 1 21:13:14 CST 2014

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: cy, dm, eh, bw, at, bl, ix, gr, iy, k, dg, bn, bi, bj, ce, it, dx, is, b, de, ei, ci, a, jf, cb, jj, ir, gl, f, m, cd, ar, df, n, bh, ct, cs, bm, dy, cj, bo, bq, jk, jl, di, cx, ds, gx, d, ht, cc, ji Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false
Frequent Visitor

This issue still isn't resolved. I use linux but otherwise I have the same problem with constant buffering on Firefox, Chrome, and Chromium. Parental controls off or on with no restrictions doesn'tmake a difference.

Frequent Visitor

This is an issue for me as well. I tried it on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. I've deleted all history and cookies. I've reset all browsers back to default (factory) settings. I've disabled all extensions on all browsers. I've "turned off" my parental controls. I even tried it with parental controls on but allowing all channels. My flash player is up to date. I have all current Windows updates installed. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. I even tried using Internet Explorer 32-bit. It just gets stuck on the following; 

This video is rated TV-MA.

The following program is intended for mature audiences only.

Manage Parental Controls

It wont get past this page. I've tried it on multiple videos. This happened while trying to watch The Walking Dead. Please fix this ASAP Comcast!!!!!!! You might lose a few customers Smiley Sad.

New Poster

Second time opening a ticket for this issue. I'm very disappointed and unsatisfied that I can't utilize a feature that is part of my package. I pay $200 a month for Comcast services and I barely use any of them. If this issue isn't resolved in the next few days then I will be taking my business elsewhere.
Regular Contributor

Note Xfinity Hulu, sometimes requires you to log in with a google or facebook or another account to watch restricted movies/programs even if logged into your comcast account.

Depending on your system. There could be several parental areas.

One Via Comcast website

One Via Xfinity modem and/or router

One Via your modem and/or router.

One Via software you may have installed that blocks it.

On the modem/router. You may need to do a full factory reset if you don’t remember the password. It should be in your modem/router instructions how to do that.

Frequent Visitor

As a Linux user, I have finally been able to resolve the issue by using Chromium w/ Pepper Flash or Firefox by installing Pipelight and allowing it to use Windows Flash. Flash still isn't completely stable but it generally works in an acceptable manner.

New Poster

Im having the same problem trying to watch The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. I just got off the phone with a Comcast Tech and she didn't know what she was doing or how to do so now I have to wait on a call back. This has never happened to me before because I watch these shows and many more on here all the time. Lately it seems to be problem after problem with Comcast. I even created the pin (did this 4 times) and I keep getting the same result "This program is rated TV-MA". Im getting mad.

Frequent Visitor

In Linux, I now have it working in Firefox, having extracted some files from silverlight.

At the same time however, even with Pepperflash, I've lost the ability to run TV-MA Xfinity programs in Chromium (ver 34+). I believe you can still run it if you use version 29 of Chrome, but you have to 'pin' the version to prevent it from upgrading to the latest version. Ver 29 came with Ubuntu Saucy.

This entire flash issue is a real PITA for Linux users...

New Poster

i had the same issue. figured it out myself. you have to use the app to view TV-MA content like The Walking Dead. for laptops and computers use this url below.

xtv.comcast.net

hope this helps everyone.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip.

For me, the address didn't work - just continuous loading the original page. Probably because that service isn't in my area yet, but at least there's some progress.

"Note: The XFINITY TV website is only available in select XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System markets at this time."

Here's some more information about xtv:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/xfinity-tv-website-sign-in-process/

Regular Visitor

Having the same problem. It says MA-TV, even though nothing is set.

Edit: I fixed it. Changed my browser to run all plugins and it worked.

I disabled that before so flash advertizing doesn't start videos by itself on many websites; but as you see xvinity needs all that to put advertizing or it will stuck with MA-tv thing.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats