Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Won't change DVR

New Poster

Won't change DVR

My Xfinity TV app can see both boxes, but can only interract with the non-DVR box. Our DVR box (dhx3425) is picked up by the app, but when I try to change channels or set up a recording nothing happens on the TV.  I've seen that this has been an intermittent issue with these boxes for years, but is there anything I can do to jumpstart it and make it work?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Won't change DVR

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/DCX3425-not-MyDVR-compatible/td-p/774338

see here.

to see what version of the guide you have go to your box menu and then to configuration and set to display

New Poster

Thank you for replying, but I actually found that earlier. It's one of a few I found that showed that the problem has been there since at least early 2010. I am on A28 but it's still a no-go. Some of the other threads I found said they ended up with it fixed but none said how. 

Silver Problem Solver

go here then to manage cable boxes and dvr'[s what does that show???  is tv cable control enabled?  If it is  then there is most likely a problem on your account and comcastjoe will have them look at it.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

New Poster

Quite interesting. It was turned on, but I told it to show name on TV and it worked. I tried again on the app and nothing. So I turned it off on the website and back on, and now the app works. Definitely something to keep in mind if anyone else complains of the same issue. Thank you again. Smiley Happy

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation