New Poster

Windows phone app

Where is an app for a Windows phone? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Windows phone app

Yes, when we can get windows phone app?
Problem Solver

It seems that when the Chicago Cubs win a world series we will get one. The windows phone remote app no longer works and I have been asking for a windows phone video app since I got my windows phone 8 in November of 2012

Contributor

To put it bluntly, probably not for a long time, if ever. It took the better part of a year to get the Android version of apps that were released first on iOS & android is a commanding force in the smartphone market, whereas windows is not. Have a look at the chart below, the last bar on the right was the market shares for the major mobile OS's at the end of last year. Windows is a teeny piece of that. Large companies can't justify resources (IE - time which = money) to make these apps or convert them over.

Oh and corgi11, I hope you're wrong. We used to say the same thing here in MA until the Sox won in '04. We've won 3 world series in the last 10 years now whereas we hadn't for 86 years prior. Don't give up hope!

Problem Solver

I hope you are right, but as far as the Chicago Cubs go, I guess any team can have a bad century

Contributor

corgi11 wrote:

I hope you are right, but as far as the Chicago Cubs go, I guess any team can have a bad century

I know right, give it a few more decades, I'm sure they'll come around! =)

New Poster

New Poster

not talking about a remote app - more like a live tv app like advertised.

New Poster

I would like a windows phone and tablet app now that developers have the platform.  Especially since xfinity keeps sending me emails to dowload their apps.  Disappointing when you don't have one for me. Hopefully,  the more people ask the more developers will respond. 

New Poster

@jim1820, would like one too...i was responding to corgi's post that the WP app wasn't working.

Problem Solver

Very Strange my wife and I are using 2 Nokia Windows 8 Phones we bought in November of 2012 and once we switched over to X-1 from regular DVRs the remote app stopped working. Are all your boxes X-1 and which windows phone are you using and what is the version of the remote app you are using. I have removed and downloaded the latest one and it only shows tv information and it does not show any DVR information at all.

New Poster

When will Comcast get some windows phone and windows 8 apps?

There are over 20 million windows 8/ windows phone 8 users in the USA now. Even if only 20% are Comcast users  that is still some 4 million devices - not enough for Comcast to make some apps ....

New Poster

Agree completely.   Comcast needs to address this lack of a windows phone app.

New Poster

Another reason to switch to DirectTV.  I can't justify the cost of Comcast with the lack of support and features.

New Poster

Please consider releasing a windows phone app for tv and movie streaming. If you can make one for the remote you should be able to make one for viewing on a windows phone.
New Poster

Please release the rest of the xfinity app suite for Windows Phone!

New Poster

Hi,

I have been desperately want xfinity comcast on my phone. 

Regular Visitor

everyone is wanting an app for windows to operate the dvr and tv. How about an app for Xfinity Home so I can do remote set and disarm of my alarm system and check my camera for safety of my family. If anyone knows of a app that will work let me know. Support says they are working on an app but no one knows about it. 

rv239 wrote:

Hi,

rv239 wrote:

Hi,

New Poster

Windows 10 is out. Thats a lot of devices for Comcast to keep ignoring especially with Microsoft's Surface line seeing large growth and the iPad shrinking. Time to make a Windows 10 Universal app Comcast or I will go back to cord cutting. At least when I buy the shows I can take them with me.

Regular Contributor

Agree, need a Windows app for my Lumia and for the 5 Windows 10 devices in my home.
Regular Visitor

what I want to know is where is my creditas I cannot receive services(apps) others can?

New Poster

I have 5 Windows phones running Win 10 (Windows Insider), a laptop running win 10, and a desktop running win 10. A universal app would be nice.

New Poster

They can just port the app to windows without changing any code. Microsoft ha made it very easy for apple and android apps to be ported to windows.

Regular Visitor

After reading this. ..I'd like to point out a few things. ..1 quit buying windows phones for entertainment purposes they really aren't great for that and the windows platform is seriously lacking. ..2 just because an OS releases doesn't guarantee an app release. .porting apps from android or ios isn't so simple Microsoft made got think it's easy by giving you ways to run the app via an emulator on the back end. ..still buggy and will cause issues depending on other apps you have running. ..be patient if the demand is great enough I can guarantee comcast will make it. ..after all they are in the business of making money. ..until then use a better platform
Regular Visitor

So they keep saying I can download a saved program from my dvr and watch anywhere but they don't offer the tools(Apps) for windows(Phones) thus they need to refund us do to there failure to supply the tools to do what they advertise we can do!

New Poster

First post was posted

Posted on :
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats