Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Windows 8 application

New Poster

Windows 8 application

When can we expect a windows 8 application to have the same functionality as the Apple and Android applications allowing easy access and the ability to download content instead of only streaming content through the website.  This function would be very helpful for traveling.

Thank you

New Poster

Re: Windows 8 application

Good question - I am looking for this too!

Contributor

I have only seen one app from Comcast/Xfinity on the Windows 8 store and it's poorly done. Please release TV Go and Remote for Windows 8 store.

New Poster

Yes, Windows 8 is very large, over 100 million and growing.  Isn't that large enough to merit an Xfinity TV to go app?  Please make an app.  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

I totally agree just giving up my Andorid device for Windows 8 tablet.  Direct TV has a great application for Windows 8. Hope we see something soon. Don't want to begin to think about a change.

New Poster

I would like to see this too, but Comcast is laser focused on being the worst when it comes to accessing programming not on the cable box. I know, they do have some apps (xbox, ipad, android) but they are always far behind all other providers.

Regular Visitor

Notice how the Comcast moderators ignore the questions posted about a Window 8 app. Comcast also refuses to offer any support or apps to Windows Phone users. What would be nice is if Comcast would port their Xbox Xfinity app to Windows 8.

You would thank that a company like comcast that makes Billions of dollars off the backs of hard working people would invest a little more into their customers.

New Poster

I keep finding more and more people are buying or switching to Windows Phone. My vote too is that Comcast support this platform. I try to use the wifi locator using the web interface and it is very poor at best. It is almost impossible to navigate. I get that Android and Apple is still the majority of the marketplace, but Windows Phone is up and coming.

Official Employee

While there's currently no Windows Phone TVGo app - there is a Xfinity TV Remote App for windows phone 8.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/xfinity-tv-remote/eff4523d-44b9-4cd1-8de1-d6650e6768f1

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

So, it only took 4 weeks to reply that you have no plan for a windows app. Ignoring the Windows user base will begin to erode your business as more-and-more people get fed up with being treated as second class citizens.

Regular Visitor

Tony, 

Have you actually seen or used that remote app? With all due respect, it is a joke. Unless you have a Comcast DVR, it does nothing.

But again comcast reps  are avoiding discussions of plans or (lack of) for the windows 8 and windows phone community.

Regular Contributor

I originally was able to use the Windows 8 phone app with my anyroom set up and even when ,updated to X1 too.That ended about a month ago as mentioned before when I couldn't bring up TV listings so, I uninstalled and reinstalled to correct as have done before but, this time it was a no go.When I reinstralled it showed multiple dvr bxs even was that way at the dvr manager on line too.I tried to get any function on the app to work but, again no use at all.I have since tried again to reinstall the app sevcral times since it still won't function at all .The only real miss for me is the ability to set a recording if away from home that I wanted to record.Before X1 I did use the app to delete recordings on my 2 non dvr bxs which' I can do now with X1 boxes .So now the app would be nice to have and will check for fixing in future but,can get by without it and hope not to miss something that I could have recorded that I happened to remember while out and about.

Regular Contributor

I forgot to mention on my last attemps to reinstrall the app it did show my 1dvr but, still wouldn't respond By the by hope everyone has a great holiday and New year

New Poster

The Xfinity remote doesn't really interest me. What would be useful is an app to find local hotspots and be able to watch streaming video with the Windows Phone or other mobile device. Since Adobe Flash is not supported by most mobile devices these days, I really think Comcast should reconsider its mobile market direction.

New Poster

when it works. I need to unisnatall and reinstal it all the time....... Also all the other apps are needed on all windows devices.

New Poster

When will TVGo app for windows 8 be available for use on windows 8 computers?

Thanks,

Tom

New Poster

I'll ask the same simple question!

When will the TV GO app be available for WP8?

If you or your team don't know, when or if it will be available you should at least answer the simple question!

Stop ignoring your costumer base!

New Poster

I'm a developer on the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 platforms. I could easily build these apps if the API's are available publicly. Comcast, how can I access the API's?

New Poster

Hmm Well, I guess the question is simply to difficult for the developed team or any other comcast employee to answer.

I hope that's the case because if not that means we are not truly considered valued customers.

However I believe that the question is simple to answer so that means; or at least to me, it means we are not considered valued!!!

I will deeply consider switching to a provider who cares about their customers! I know this is a small issue to you but by not responding to the question it sure paints a clear picture of where your customers rank in your business.. 

New Poster

If you're running Windows 8 on a desktop (I.E.: not Windows 8 RT or Windows phone 8), you can always just use the website. If you are so bent on having it being an app that you're running, google "bluestacks" (but again, windows 8 desktop only as far as I know). There's a lot more than meets the eye when it comes to the apps, it might take a year or two for them to fully develop an app (considering the varied amounts of streaming methods they use and the DRM as well)

New Poster

still waiting for answer to this question

When will the TV GO app be available for WP8?

Frequent Visitor

the app for windows 8 devices would allow use access to the offline content like they have for the other mobile devices!

Regular Visitor

ComcastTony:

In response to your notification about the Xfinity TV remote app for WP 8, I'll paste my reply made to ComcastDavid in another forum when he also notified the community about this application (of which Xfinity seems unjustifiably proud):

Re: Windows Phone 8 apps - What is the current status?

ComcastDavid,

In answer to your request, here's what I think:

This remote app is a poor excuse for an accommodation to WP 8 users. We can watch Netflix programs on our TV and phones. Why shouldn't we be able to watch Xfinity both places, too? Especially considering how much money we're paying for Xfinity each month?

It's time to step it up, Xfinity. Are you trying to give Netflix this advantage in the mobile market? (Hopefully you aren't just looking for a way to extract more money from Xfinity customers for making Xfinity available on the WP 8.)

Please don't reply that this is an issue that should be addressed in a Windows Phone forum. I've already explored that avenue, and as has been noted there, this is your content, your IP, and only you are in a legitimate position to make it accessible to WP 8 users.

You posted about the remote app on June 30, 2013 - about eight months ago. Please don't make us wait another eight months for a meaningful response or - better yet - solution. Thank you.

New Poster

I just purchsed a Surface and was puzzled why there is no TV Go app for it. Please respond to all of us on the status of an app. It's a big Windows market, and you will lose customers if you do not support it. I want to download programs to watch when I am traveling.

New Poster

Who needs the app for Windows 8 when you can just go online log in and access all the same feature through the browser? see live shows, download and play movies, and more. Just as many options if not more. I just created a shortcut and pinned it to my start screen and it works just as good as with my Galaxy Tab 4. Hope this helps.

Here is the link if anyone needs it.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

Regular Visitor

I also have Xffinity Home Security and would love to see and app for this like they have for Android and Apple devices.  The problem I never see a response from the Xfininity staff.

Frequent Visitor

This is about platform and customer support. Personally, I kind-of hope that they continue to delay the inevitable. I'm just going to sign up with another provider.
Problem Solver

Look at the date of the first post in this thread we are never going to get windowsphone apps that really work. Windows Phone 8 was released in November 2012 and how many Comcast apps have you seen in almost two years?

Frequent Visitor

I have seen one pathetic excuse for an app. Patiently waiting for CenturyLink fiber.
New Poster

Really???

I just got a windows surface from my work and there's no app?  Last week i realized i couldnt watch redzone using the website. 

What's next?

New Poster

Xfinity commercials state you can view your DVR on any device anywhere. Are Windows phones and 8.1 laptops and tablets not a device?
New Poster

Really? Over a year in this topic and only one lame reply from Comcast telling you to look the other way? How sad... Too bad, the TV Go app works well on my phone, but I'll just have to use the browser on my Win8.1 tablet... They don't care, they collect my $139.49 every month either way. Competition doesn't seem to worry these guys.

New Poster

Oh, and I don't suppose anyone from Comcast can explain to me why videos streamed online on the xfinity TV website are so irritatingly choppy while the ads incessantly breaking into these same videos are crystal clear (and louder)... Somehow I can't seem to be surprised...

(by videos, I mean all episodes of Constantine, The Game, State of Affairs, Gotham, and so on...)

Regular Visitor

The lack of support by Comcast for windows 8.1 is the reason I plan to look for a new security, entertainment and internet provider I have a windows phone, surface pro 3 and other device are not well supported. Comcast has gotten to big to care. A voice in the wilderness!
Regular Contributor

jcsystems wrote:

Who needs the app for Windows 8 when you can just go online log in and access all the same feature through the browser? see live shows, download and play movies, and more. Just as many options if not more. I just created a shortcut and pinned it to my start screen and it works just as good as with my Galaxy Tab 4. Hope this helps.

Here is the link if anyone needs it.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

The browser solution would be fine if it allowed you to download recrded progamming the same way ios apps do.

New Poster

When will there be Windows 8 applications comparable to the Android and Apple applications(TV and TV Go)?

Its all well and wonderful that I can watch on line, but part of the service I am supposed to receive with X1 is the ability to take my records with me - even places where I can't stream them (like on a plane).

Help please.

New Poster

The browser solution dows not offer a way download the programs for travel.

Problem Solver

Look at the date of the first post in this thread we are never going to get windowsphone apps that really work. Windows Phone 8 was released in November 2012 and how many Comcast apps have you seen in almost two years?

I posted the above comment over a year ago and look at all the working windows apps we have. Going on three years since Window Phone 8 was released!!!!

New Poster

My overpriced bill, poor wifi hotspot coverage, and lack of response for a Windows 8 application is inching me closer to ending my relationship with Comcast's to seek business with a better priced competitor.

Regular Contributor

I would be happy to just be able to download recordings through a browser on to my laptop.

New Poster

Save your fingers... No one at Comcast will officially reply to this thread. They flagged it as "Negative content - ignore". They tried to kill it with fake replies from fake "normal" users saying the browser works great. We all know it doesn't. They don't care. They know that nothing they can reply can be satisfactory, as they never planned a Win8 app.

New Poster

Agreed.  The website tools are great - when you've got internet access.  There is no portability available for off line features.

New Poster

How do I use TV go on my Microsoft Surface Pro (runs Windows 8).  I can use it on my apple phone, but not windows.  It's frustrtating.  Your self-promotion claims I can wathch my comcast stuff on "any device" but apparently NOT THIS ONE!!

Regular Contributor

red0974 wrote:

How do I use TV go on my Microsoft Surface Pro (runs Windows 8).  I can use it on my apple phone, but not windows.  It's frustrtating.  Your self-promotion claims I can wathch my comcast stuff on "any device" but apparently NOT THIS ONE!!

You can use some functions through a browser.  xtv.comcast.net.  You can watch live tv on your home network and watch recordings from your dvr on any wifi.  You can't download programs to view off line.  No one has been able to explain that to me.  Perhaps the fine folks at Comcast are waiting for Windows 10. 

New Poster

Apparently they were not just waiting for Windows 10. It has been out for some months now and still no app for Windows devices. Very sad situation.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats