Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why no support for HBOGO on PS3

New Poster

Why no support for HBOGO on PS3

Why don't you support the HBOGO app on the ps3 and Could you please support it quickly for all of us PS3 users
Tags (2)
New Poster

Re: Why no support for HBOGO on PS3

It has been years since the Roku HBO Go app was released, and Comcast still refuses to allow Roku as a compatible device. Comcast is the worst company in America, and every time I think about it, I come that much closer to cutting the cord altoghether.

New Poster

I came back to comcast from At&T and I am wondering if that is the wrong choice. It seems like the features that At&T is offfering is better, like being able to view HBO through my ps3... Not sure if i should let my contract end or break it and go to At&T again.

----at least I have a choice in my area.... 

New Poster

Wish I had a choice, I'd drop comcast in a heart beat. This is just another example of their top of the line service and overcharging customers while giving them 1/2 of what they pay for.
Regular Contributor

This is completely unacceptable

New Poster

This is why im considering switching to att u-verse - $40 for internet and HBO Go - its not quite as fast as comcast(18vs26) but i never get top speeds anyway and I hate the idea of being restricted from something i am paying for:

I bought a PS3,

I bought a roku,

I pay for internet service,

I pay for HBO+HBOGO

and comcast has decided that i cant watch it the way i want on my tv?

This is ridiculous!

New Poster

bump

Contributor

Why should Comcast (Or any provider for that matter) provide support for TV for consoles ??  They want you watching TV - NOT playing MLB The Show, Madden, World Of Warcraft etc.

THAT SAID THOUGH - I kinda suspect with the next gen consoles, they'll probably roll out an app similar to the TV GO app which would allow for access to channels that do provide live streams so people can ditch the box in favor of that & the modem as well as some other apps (Except Remote Control of course)

Who knows ?? They might also include some programming from online only channels like NetFlix, Hulu, TYT Networks, etc too (Would be nice having those on the current TV GO apps too Smiley Happy )

Thoughts anyone ??

Cheers Smiley Happy

PC

Regular Contributor

I don't think you quite get what's going on here.  Comcast supports HBOGo on almost every device BUT the PS3.  There doesn't seem to be a real reason for it either, at least not one Comcast will admit publicly.

Frequent Visitor

This is absolute idiocy. I pay a LOT for my Xfinity. I'm a... home run customer? I have everything they offer in my area, including home security which doesn't work worth a darn... but they don't feel like letting me use my PS3? Who are they kidding here? A better question... WHY?

It would be fine on just my Xbox, but it's a little too loud with the fan, whereas my PS3 is pretty silent.

Bad job, Comcast. Bad job all the way around. I bet ATT would let me use my PS3.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 23 kudos
  • 9 in conversation