Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why no Blackhawks online for subscribers?!?!

Frequent Visitor

Why no Blackhawks online for subscribers?!?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

GET IT RIGHT COMCAST, WE PAY FOR THIS!

New Poster

Re: Why no Blackhawks online for subscribers?!?!

Another thread on this was apparently deleted. Here's a low quality pirate feed: http://www.stream2watch.me/hockey/st-louis-blues-vs-chicago-blackhawks-live-stream

Thanks for nothing, Comcast "suppport"

Problem Solver

The issue is NBC SN streaming functional. When I try to watch it on Xfinity I see   THIS PROGRAM IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE  with a NBC SN logo.

Because of the logo I think this is something NBC has done, not Comcast.

Calm down because I found the solution you are waiting for (I bet I could get $5 from you right now) OK enough teasing........

After you click on the link below - the page says you must sign in, it is not a big deal to sign in.

Click on the icon in the center of the screen.  Then select your service provider - Xfinity.

You are now good to go, the second time I went to the site I did not have to sign in.

Click on this link and bookmark the page for quick access in the future.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

Please post a reply if this lihk works for you.

Frequent Visitor

You are a subscriber in the Chicago area and you were able to watch the Blackhawks on NBC SN? Applause.

I did all of that and it wouldn't stream the live feed - SO - I went to the Xfinity web page (my home page), logged in and connected to the online TV NBC SN. It streamed live video, HOORAY!!!

Until 7:00pm when the game started and blacked out the feed. 

COMCAST!!! GET IT RIGHT!!!

Stream the live feed for your subscribers!!! WE PAY FOR IT!!!

Problem Solver

What happened when you logged in or could you log in to this link?

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

I had a few people in Chicago on another Thread post thank you's for my link.

When the game started on Xfinity did the screen say the game was BLACKED OUT ?

There should have been no blackout Chicago was not the home team.

If NBC sports cuts the feed to Comcast there is not a lot they can do about that.

I could watch the game on the link above and on my television.

I live near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Here is contact info for NBC sports if you want to ask if they cut the feed or why you could not use there website.

Questions for NBC Sports 
Email to: nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

You might have better luck getting NBC sports to contact Comcast and see what the problem is, they are a service provider. We are only Comcast customers.

Frequent Visitor

I already explained what happened when I logged into liveextra.

I can watch all games on TV, home or away. They are never blacked out.

I don't recall exactly what the screen said but the game was not available when it started.

"You might have better luck getting NBC sports to contact Comcast and see what the problem is, they are a service provider. We are only Comcast customers."

Really? I might have better luck getting NBC sports to contact Comcast?? Lol...If I had any influence at NBC sports I wouldn't be posting in this stupid forum.

You may have gotten kudos from people BEFORE they actually tried to watch the game online.

GET IT RIGHT, COMCAST!!!

Problem Solver

rrguitars wrote:I did all of that and it wouldn't stream the live feed - SO - I went to the Xfinity web page (my home page), logged in and connected to the online TV NBC SN.

You seem to be saying you tried my link before the game. Too bad I did not post the link until the Third Period.

Do not worry I contacted NBC SN via email to ask why their Xfinity online channel displayed - 

THIS PROGRAM IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE  with a NBC SN logo.

I will get back to you with the email reply.

You do know this forum for the most part is a customer to customer question and answer forum. If a Comcast employee answers your post their name will be displayed in RED. Less than 10 % of posts get a reply from a Comcast employee.

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH WHILE WAITING FOR A COMCAST EMPLOYEE.

Frequent Visitor

Well if you get a response from NBC I'll be surprised but that would be great.

Oddly, these forums are entitled "Comcast Help and Support Forums".

If that is not truely what it is then Comcast is being very deceptive in making their customers believe that someone from Comcast is actually going to help or provide any support through this portal.

COMCAST GET IT RIGHT!!

Problem Solver

As a Hockey Fan I respect another fans right to watch their team play especially in the

Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I was not trying to be disrespectful in any way. I was only trying to inform you of the level of  participation of Comcast Employees I have observed.

I honestly believe that because the NBC SN logo appears on the screen stating "THIS PROGRAM IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE". Then NBC SN is responsible for the removal of this programming.

If I saw a Comcast Logo I would think Comcast was responsible.

I hope NBC SN replies to my email, I do not think they get a lot of email requests and today is Monday so I hope they reply today.

The more messages you and I send back and fourth the greater the chance a Comcast employee will respond.

Wait till late in the day to reply because oddly enough when some people see my name as the last person to reply. They want to read my post, and reply (or correct) including some Comcast employees (who seem to work regular business hours).

Just below Comcast Help and Support Forums start page find the following sentence in red.

The purpose of the Help Forums is to assist fellow users.

Problem Solver

I found this website, if nothing else is working for you try it. I am not sure the site streams live.

Click on this link.

http://www.csnchicago.com/

Frequent Visitor

Regardless, the "Purpose" is dumb. As if my fellow users know any more than my other fellow users. So in essence, Comcast has created the great blind leading the blind forum. Isn't that productive.

The purpose of these forums is to make people think they're getting some help to stall the flow of calls for any real help. I've wasted too much time already on this forum instead of calling Comcast. This only proves this ingenious idea of a so-called help and support forum is actually working as intended.

With that said I guess I got what I expected. Nothing. Thank you Comcast and whoever brain-stormed this forum idea. Ingenious.

Official Employee

rrguitars wrote:

Regardless, the "Purpose" is dumb. As if my fellow users know any more than my other fellow users. So in essence, Comcast has created the great blind leading the blind forum. Isn't that productive.

The purpose of these forums is to make people think they're getting some help to stall the flow of calls for any real help. I've wasted too much time already on this forum instead of calling Comcast. This only proves this ingenious idea of a so-called help and support forum is actually working as intended.

With that said I guess I got what I expected. Nothing. Thank you Comcast and whoever brain-stormed this forum idea. Ingenious.

When you said:

"I went to the Xfinity web page (my home page), logged in and connected to the online TV NBC SN. It streamed live video, HOORAY!!! Until 7:00pm when the game started and blacked out the feed"

That is working as expected. According to NHL/NBCSports agreement, all NHL games will be blacked out on Xfinity.com/tv and on the Xfinity TV Go App.

As for the NBC Sports Live Extra App, I am not sure. I do know that all 1st round games are available in each cities local market. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the games are available through CSN Chicago.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation