Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why is my TV Blank?

New Poster

Why is my TV Blank?

I received an EMAIL a few weeks ago that notified me I would be getting some sort of new digital decoder box - but nothing has arrived.  I checked my account to see status and everything is showing fully paid EXCEPT my bill just shot up 23% for some sort of "BLAST" Service I have not ordered.

Meanwhile my TV screen is completely blank on all channels - showing no signal.  BUT when i go to my "Xfinity Service portal" everything is in the green showing full connectivity for TV and Internet.  You did something - somy next step is to call for service.  

I called your service desk three times for support - and each time you helpfully disconnect the line when I go through your phone tree for support.  Since you have a specific path for just this issue (Select "1" if your screen is blank or blue or fuzzy white) then you know what the issue is.

Color me livid.  Is there any way to get service or support from your company.  You automatic disconnect is not cutting it.

Please respond to this request.

New Poster

Re: Why is my TV Blank?

I have the same problem...what is going on?!

Regular Visitor

I've got the same problem.  Any fixes???

New Poster

Looks like they've enabled encryption on basic channels, so if you were directly using an HD TV with QAM tuner, no more Comcast for you!

Regular Visitor

What is a QAM tuner?

Official Employee

Giga You aren't going to get any tv without the cable box,

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I discovered yesterday I had the same problem on my digital TV set connected directly to the cable (never needed a cable box or converter on this set for basic service).  My two analog sets with converters are working fine.  When I bought the digital set a few years ago, I liked the fact that I didn't need a converter or another remote.  Just hooked it up to the cable and it worked.  Well, 'not no more.'  I set the digital set to channel 3 and hooked up the old converter and got my basic channels.  But now I'm stuck with the 4:3 aspect ratio on all channels and poor picture quality.  I have the sinking feeling that the solution is going to be a new & improved cable box from Comcast and the inconvenience of a second remote--more junk and wires in my living room--and all at additional cost. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation