Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why is Comcast not offered as an option for 'internet / cable provider' with Apple TV?

Regular Visitor

Why is Comcast not offered as an option for 'internet / cable provider' with Apple TV?

I just moved an Apple TV from another provider to Comcast.  When I attempted to 'activate' the channels I have access to in my Comcast package (via apps I've downloaded), I find there is no option to select 'Comcast' or 'Xfinity' as my provider.  

Verison is a listed option.  So it ATT-Uverse.  So is Cox cable.  And, Time-Warner cable.  But no Comcast!  Thus, I am unable to activate these channels on my Apple TV.

Is Comcast having a 'turf war' or something with Apple TV?  I am paying almost $200 a month for basic service with Comcast and without HBO, Showtime, etc.

I'd like to think I can access HVTV or Bravo shows on my Apple TV but I can't.  What gives?

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Why is Comcast not offered as an option for 'internet / cable provider' with Apple TV?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation