Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why does Comcast not have all episodes of current season?

New Poster

Why does Comcast not have all episodes of current season?

I find this completely freaking stupid that I cannot catch up on a season via online streaming. DVR was full, lost episodes 1-5 of Dr Who and Nikita. I go to the online streaming and the only episodes available are like the last 4 episodes. I can get the same level of streaming from Hulu. So, why in the heck am I paying for Cable with Comcast if they cannot differentiate my experience from anyone who just has an internet connection?

Does anyone else think that this is stupid?

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: Why does Comcast not have all episodes of current season?

We have posted many times, it is up the the networks to decide on when & how long they put their programming on the On Demand servers.  Please contact BBC America with your concerns.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/feedback/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I really don't understand how this is the BBC's fault and not that of Comcast. As a subscriber that is paying to watch live broadcasts of Doctor Who and any other shows that are available to us as cable subscribers, I feel like we are paying for the right to watch this episode in the future.

I can see how Hulu, a free internet streaming service has a challenge to keep all the episodes around, but for Comcast that is verifying my idenity by requiring a login and knows what i am allowed to see (How else would you know that I when I try to launch an HBO show that I do not have HBO as part of my package?), I find it rediculous that I continue to pay Comcast for Cable if I can get the entire line up via my internet connection.

Why isn't this a service that we can pay for? Most of us have Digital TV's and I have a new Internet capable tv that will allow me to stream via the internet as well.

Tell us why Comcast is not using it's sizeable influence to negotiate with BBC and Starz and ABC, and and and to get the entire current season of a show for on demand via the internet?

Silver Problem Solver

No one here can answer that for you.  We are not comcast  users like you.  The networks themselves decide what to give for on demand and when to stop granting access to it.  These shows are money makers for the networks they can't leave them up indefinately. 

As for your other comment since you have the service through your cable box you are granted access to see it on other media, ipad, iphone, your pc etc. for free.  Your paying for it one way or another.   Also dont forget you have a 250gb cap on data for streaming also. 

The whole pay for tv market is changing, comcast itself is even testing a pay for what channels you want in CT to see how that goes, with the advent of hulu, netflix, roku its all changing the market.   Have you gone to bbc on your pc or youtube to see if you can get those shows there for free?  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation