Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why did HBO GO work on my samsung smart t.v. and now it doesn't?

Regular Visitor

Why did HBO GO work on my samsung smart t.v. and now it doesn't?

HBO GO was working fine for weeks and then all of a sudden it stopped overnight, i have been given the run around by your technical lackeys and and feel like im being taken advantage of.

I have been told that comcast is not a participating provider for HBO GO on smart tv's, not true i can go to HBO GO and i can clearly see that comcast xfinity IS a participating provider for samsung smart tv's.

I have also been told by your employees that comcast wants you to watch HBO from your cable box and not stream it from the app. Comcast has no right to decide what I watch on MY t.v.

I have also been told by your customer service lackey's that the reason it worked was because it must have been a promotional special that i recieved from samsung and now the promotional special has ended, this shows the intelligence level of what comcast employ's. HBO GO is a free service for people that subscribe to HBO which i do, it is not a promotional special that will expire in time.

It is obvious to me that your team of squirrels have no idea what to do or what they are talking about, maybe i should go chew on my cable to see if that solves the problem.

This is obviously another episode of comcast vs Netflix all over again with HBO GO, and by the way Netflix still doesn't work right, i think it is being done on purpose. This company excersises it's power and control over the individuals that HAVE to use their mediocre service and charges outragous fees for bad internet and t.v.

Can anyone give me the actual reason as to why HBO GO will not work on my t.v. anymore before i start my long uphill battle with corporate?
I am not hopeful but can anyone also tell me why i was charged $40 for a comcast box swapper to come out and replace my box because it wasnt working?....   come on ....    anyone?

What does your CEO do when he has problems? does he even have comcast? i bet his internet or t.v. doesn't go out and i bet if it's about to go out the sirens ring and the batphone rings and you fix it before he knows.

Thank you comcast for your lies and your hidden fees and your technicians that you hire right out of prison, thank you so much for making me think i live in hitler germany and excersising your power over what i watch and how i communicate.

It's COMCASTIC!!!

New Poster

Re: Why did HBO GO work on my samsung smart t.v. and now it doesn't?

I have the same problem. It did not work, then it did, and now it does not... Just wondering why I have not ordered Fios yet. 

New Poster

Re: Why did HBO GO work on my samsung smart t.v. and now it doesn't?

I have the exact same issue. i have a samsung TV and the HBO go app worked just fine- now it doesnt. I have tried re-activating many times- with no luck. Did comcast stop this?i is that even possible?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation