Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why can't I downgrade my service online?

New Poster

Why can't I downgrade my service online?

I really don't understand why I can't change my plan to lower my bill or downgrade service online. I can only upgrade--this should be my choice, not Comcast to make.

New Poster

Re: Why can't I downgrade my service online?

I agree. The ability should include remove online
Problem Solver

Re: Why can't I downgrade my service online?

well, you can't actually upgrade online either.

all you can do online is fill out the upgrade forms, and then you're re-directed to an online live chat agent to process & complete the order.   and in many reported cases the agents refuse to honor the online order but are quite willing to upsell you something different.

so . . . research the available services (new customer & existing customer) at www comcast dot com, w/o regard to prices although the new customer offers detail the regular prices in the "Pricing & Other Info." fine print,   and then either call Comcast asking for the Downgrade Dept. (or Customer Retention Dept.) & tell them what service you want.    or, visit a Comcast store to change your services, now that you'll have the info to make an informed decision regarding services.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation