Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

When will bluetooth be available on the XG1 box I just picked up. Need it for headphones.

New Poster

When will bluetooth be available on the XG1 box I just picked up. Need it for headphones.

When will bluetooth be available on the new XG1 box I just picked up?  When is "later in 2017"?  I need it for headphones.

Last winter I had an older style box to which I could connect a bluetooth transmitter via red and white audio out cables.  Then I paired the bluetooth transmitter to my bluetooth headphones.

I suppose I could go back to the store and ask for the older box, but would like to take advantage of the new technology. 

Service Expert

Re: When will bluetooth be available on the XG1 box I just picked up. Need it for headphones.

1384ppca wrote:

When will bluetooth be available on the new XG1 box I just picked up?  When is "later in 2017"?  I need it for headphones.

Last winter I had an older style box to which I could connect a bluetooth transmitter via red and white audio out cables.  Then I paired the bluetooth transmitter to my bluetooth headphones.

I suppose I could go back to the store and ask for the older box, but would like to take advantage of the new technology. 

do you have the xg1v4 (no clock on the front)? if so go to Comcast labs in the menu. Is there an option to turn on the blue tooth radio?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: When will bluetooth be available on the XG1 box I just picked up. Need it for headphones.

Thanks, but.......

Found Comcast Labs, which included Bluetooth.  Discovered my headphones, but would not pair and activate the connection.

Progress.  Any ideas?

Service Expert

1384ppca wrote:

Thanks, but.......

Found Comcast Labs, which included Bluetooth.  Discovered my headphones, but would not pair and activate the connection.

Progress.  Any ideas?

do you have the DVR that does not have a clock? (XG1v4) if you hit quote it lets readers know to whom your post is replying.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Rustyben wrote:

1384ppca wrote:

Thanks, but.......

Progress.  Any ideas?

do you have the DVR that does not have a clock? (XG1v4) if you hit quote it lets readers know to whom your post is replying.

You do know that you were the only one responding.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

1384ppca wrote:

I would keep trying, as far as I know, Bluetooth is enabled. If it keeps failing to connect try calling in. The box is so new I couldn't find information on further troubleshooting.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the newer XG1 box from Xfinity. It
Pairs any of my wireless speakers. JBL/ Bose perfectly. However I have tried several types of headphones and none of them will pair with the system. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Service Expert

Joe477 wrote:
I have the newer XG1 box from Xfinity. It
Pairs any of my wireless speakers. JBL/ Bose perfectly. However I have tried several types of headphones and none of them will pair with the system. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Only that the XG1v4 can have only one paired at a time.  Did you unpair the speakers before trying to pair the headphones?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation