Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

When MyDVD app is going to be available for my area?

Frequent Visitor

When MyDVD app is going to be available for my area?

I feel like a ping-pong ball bouncing around customer service.   When I subscribed to Comcast, I directly asked the salesperson if I was going to be able to remotely set my DVD and use my computer, IPad and smartphone as a remote control as I was able to do with DirecTV.  In other words, if these feature were available in my area.  Everybody has said, "yes" that I just need to download the apps.  Tonight, I even got a message from ECare saying, I just had to singing.  This is a copy of the message:

This is with regard to your concern about accessing the DVR Manager feature included in your service at the address, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BROWNS MILLS NJ 08015.

We would like to inform you that you can access that feature by signing in this link, http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I followed the instructions and it asked me to [Check Availability].  After I entered my zip code, I got a message saying it was not available in my area.  

SInce I first talked to a salesperson before switching to Comcast, I have been receiving the same answer, "Yes it is available."  This was a feature I took into consideration when switching.  

The thing is that when I ask Comcast when the feature is going to be available they just tell me that it is available in my area, so the what's the deal?  Is it available or when is going to be available?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: When MyDVD app is going to be available for my area?

lolivieri wrote:

I feel like a ping-pong ball bouncing around customer service.   When I subscribed to Comcast, I directly asked the salesperson if I was going to be able to remotely set my DVD and use my computer, IPad and smartphone as a remote control as I was able to do with DirecTV.  In other words, if these feature were available in my area.  Everybody has said, "yes" that I just need to download the apps.  Tonight, I even got a message from ECare saying, I just had to singing.  This is a copy of the message:

This is with regard to your concern about accessing the DVR Manager feature included in your service at the address, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BROWNS MILLS NJ 08015.

We would like to inform you that you can access that feature by signing in this link, http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

I followed the instructions and it asked me to [Check Availability].  After I entered my zip code, I got a message saying it was not available in my area.  

SInce I first talked to a salesperson before switching to Comcast, I have been receiving the same answer, "Yes it is available."  This was a feature I took into consideration when switching.  

The thing is that when I ask Comcast when the feature is going to be available they just tell me that it is available in my area, so the what's the deal?  Is it available or when is going to be available?

I am sorry but you market is not yet compatible with DVR Manager. You will be when your market is updated to On-Screen Guide 2.0.

Follow this site for updates and for more information:

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

lolivieri wrote:

Just to add to what ComcastJoe posted - DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year.

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).  Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

It is not just matter of when the feature is going to be available.  When I inquired about Comcast, Comcast offered the feature and the feature was heavely taken into consideration when I swithed from DirecTV to Comcast.       

I filing a complaint to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and the FCC against Comcast for misleading by false information when subscribing their cable service. 

As I said before, every time I have asked about the feature, I get the same response of, "Oh, yes!  It is available in your area!"   Even in the Comcast website provides the wrong information, saying that it is available in Browns Mills, NJ.  You can check the following link: 

http://www.comcast.com/corporate/shop/products/local/new%20jersey/nj/browns_mills.html

Under the tab [Xfinity TV], it says:

And with DVR service, you’ll never miss your favorite shows again – even schedule a recording when you’re away from home with the XFINITY TV app.

Subscribe to XFINITY TV from Comcast and get the best digital cable service around. Find Comcast Digital TV pricing, offers and promotions for Browns Mills, NJ.

Official Employee

lolivieri wrote:

It is not just matter of when the feature is going to be available.  When I inquired about Comcast, Comcast offered the feature and the feature was heavely taken into consideration when I swithed from DirecTV to Comcast.       

I filing a complaint to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and the FCC against Comcast for misleading by false information when subscribing their cable service. 

As I said before, every time I have asked about the feature, I get the same response of, "Oh, yes!  It is available in your area!"   Even in the Comcast website provides the wrong information, saying that it is available in Browns Mills, NJ.  You can check the following link: 

http://www.comcast.com/corporate/shop/products/local/new%20jersey/nj/browns_mills.html

Under the tab [Xfinity TV], it says:

And with DVR service, you’ll never miss your favorite shows again – even schedule a recording when you’re away from home with the XFINITY TV app.

Subscribe to XFINITY TV from Comcast and get the best digital cable service around. Find Comcast Digital TV pricing, offers and promotions for Browns Mills, NJ.

Browns Mills is likely an area in NJ that shares a zip code or zip codes with a Comcast area that uses Motorola equipment and where DVR Manager is already available. At the bottom of that page you may notice that it does say "Not available in all areas".

Apologies for the confusion about your area, we are targeted to activate the DVR manager feature for your area by the end of this year. We have done that already for three markets that use the Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta branded DVRs. Thanks for your continued patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

When I was a kid, my father bought a used 67 Chevy Malibu.  When he was dealing process, he asked the salesman if he could include a radio for the price.  The salesman said, "No problem!"  When we got the car, there was a radio in it.  The radio never worked!  Was the radio a freeby?  Nope.  It was included in the price of the car and it made a difference in my father's decision.   Same happened to me i based my decision on false information...   I just got a radio from Comcast.

Official Employee

lolivieri wrote:

When I was a kid, my father bought a used 67 Chevy Malibu.  When he was dealing process, he asked the salesman if he could include a radio for the price.  The salesman said, "No problem!"  When we got the car, there was a radio in it.  The radio never worked!  Was the radio a freeby?  Nope.  It was included in the price of the car and it made a difference in my father's decision.   Same happened to me i based my decision on false information...   I just got a radio from Comcast.

The "radio" is scheduled to work by the end of the year.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Just like a said before...  Comcast originally told me, the Guide 2 was available in my area (last June 2012)... then when I posted a message to the forum, said, it was going to be available by the end of the year... promisses and promisses and no delivery.   Well, Comcast is still has a few days to the end of the year....  

Wrong information and false promisses.  That's my experience with Comcast. 

Official Employee

lolivieri wrote:

Just like a said before...  Comcast originally told me, the Guide 2 was available in my area (last June 2012)... then when I posted a message to the forum, said, it was going to be available by the end of the year... promisses and promisses and no delivery.   Well, Comcast is still has a few days to the end of the year....  

Wrong information and false promisses.  That's my experience with Comcast. 

On-Screen Guide 2.0 was not and is is not scheduled for anywhere in NJ.

A guide update with new features is scheduled for your area next month. Thanks for your patience. More information can be found at the link below:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation