Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What's up with On Demand? Is there logic behind what shows up?

Frequent Visitor

What's up with On Demand? Is there logic behind what shows up?

I can watch certain shows live, such as "Big Bang Theory" and yet the show never appears in the list of series.  Yet other shows on the same channel show up.  Certain channels don't show up at all on On Demand such as WGN, which is a local channel.

Other shows do show up, and yet I don't get the channel in my listing so I can't watch them live, but only through On Demand.

New shows will sometimes appear, and sometimes not.  Episodes that do appear take up to two days.

Other shows I can watch live, and be available on On Demand, but asks me to buy it because it requires subscription.

There doesn't seem to be any logic behind any of it.  It's like a programmer has to add each show and set the times manually.  Someone in the IT department couldn't figure out how to set the On Demand stuff to work off each actual subscriber's settings.

It's very frustrating and it's making me absolutely hate Xfinity.

What the fark is wrong with Comcast?  (and why does their system think the three letters starting with W, middle with T, and ending with F needs to be censored?  Goofballs!)

------------

Edit:

Ok.  I get that certain shows take time to appear because of the copyright owner's rules (such as Fox). (although adding the show to the listing and simply stating in there when it will be available would be good instead of making viewers keep checking.)

I get that new shows have to be agreed upon by the owner before On Demand can include them.  Although again, why not list the show and state that your waiting on the owner's agreement to show it.  Instead it looks an amateur is handling it.  It makes it seem like the programmer just forgot it.

But still, why do I require subscriptions for shows when I am getting the channel already?

It makes me wonder if I'm actually subscribed to it and won't have to pay if I click "buy", but I'm not willing to risk that.  Do shows still display that "buy" option even if you are paying for the channel?  Not that I'm paying for anything beyond xfinity basic.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: What's up with On Demand? Is there logic behind what shows up?

If you subscribe to a network and you try to go to it on demand and it says you need a sub, that means your account at comcast is not coded correctly and you need to call them to get that fixed.  Since you already understand that it is the network and not comcast that determines what goes and and when this is what you need to fix

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation