New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What happen to METV ??

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

What happen to METV ??

Channel 204 used to be Me TV. Did it move ?? If so where or how can I watch Me Tv ??

Accepted Solution

Re: What happen to METV ??

To find all the local channels available to you please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Where are you located? MeTV is a broadcast network carried by one of your local TV stations. Comcast just passes on what is aired. The local station may have dropped it, changed it, or it moved to another channel.

New Poster

We live in Hamilton, VA and we too no longer find MeTv on channel 204.  We've enjoyed this channel for years and would like to see it back.  Does anyone know why Comcast has stopped broadcasting it?

Frequent Visitor

That is exactly what happened. It disappeared in my area on Mar 27 2017. Comcast did warn us that it was going away, but did not provide any other info on it. That was my favorite channel. If you go to the metv website it says that it is broadcasted on WTTG Washington DC in my area "over the air". I don't have a clue as to what that means or if it is still with Comcast or not. You might as well forget trying to go to Support and ask them. I haven't been able to find anyone that knows anything about it. I'm still looking hoping  to find it on a different Comcast channel, but am not holding my breath. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks to the Sinclair Group, WJLA-TV dropped MeTV in favor of CHARGE!, which is now carried by Comcast on Channel 204.  MeTV has just been picked up by WTTG-TV Fox5 and is now broadcast through the airwaves on Channel 5.3, digital TV.  This Channel just went live today, March 29, 2017.  I have received no word as to when (or if) Comcast plans to pickup this channel and add it to their lineup.  Cox Cable has already picked up the "new" MeTV signal.

I hope this helps.

Frequent Visitor

Additional information to add to my previous post:

--- "Through the airwaves" means that you can watch it on a standard HDTV, with digital reception (nearly all TVs manufactured in the past 10 years will meet this standard), with a digital antenna, that can be purchased at any number of places such as Radio Shack, Amazon, newEgg, etc. 

--- Channel 5.3  is WTTG's (Fox5) 3rd selection after 5.1 (primary station WTTG/Fox5) and 5.2 ("BUZZR")

--- In order to watch MeTV in the DC Metro area, you will need (for now) to have at least one set disconnected from Comcast Cable and connected to a digital antenna that captures TV signals from the local area through the airwaves.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Someone had posted that Comcast Channel 204, formerly MeTV  is now COMET.  Just for the record, this is not correct.   Channel 204 is CHARGE.  COMET is on Channel 205.  Still no word on when Comcast will return MeTV to its channel lineup.  Meanwhile, I am enjoying MeTV on my other TV, thanks to a RadioShack digital antenna. To repeat: MeTV is available in the immediate DC metro area on WTTG-TV digital channel 5.3.

Contributor

In response to Akai:  You do not need to "have at least one set disconnected from Comcast" to get Me-TV on your set. You simply switch the input on your set to the TV or Antenna setting (assuming you have a digital antenna connected--as low as $19.95 on Amazon) and choose channel 5.3 or rescan for stations using the Auto Scan feature.

Frequent Visitor

I apologize for the miscommunication.

Thanks, again.

Silver Problem Solver

It depends on what type of cable box you are using with a TV. If it's one of the basic SD DTA's, they only have an RF output which you watch using channel 3, so you would need to swap cables or get an RF switch.

New Poster

On MeTv's website it says that in the D.C. area Atlantic Broadband, Hardy OneNet, Cox Cable all just picked up the new channel and that Antietam Cable is picking it up soon. What is taking Comcast so long if all those are already on? I just got Comcast a month ago primarily for this channel and this happens. What terrible luck I have. 😫
Contributor

I suppose that could be true on some smaller/older sets.  But, I have a 10-year old Panasonic plasma 58-inch model.  And even back then you would connect the cable box using an HDMI cable, which woukd free up the 75-ohm connector for an antenna.

New Poster

Hi,

As of today (Friday, April 21, 2017) MeTV is on Channel 196 on Comcast in the DC area.

http://metv.com/d-c-tune-in-update

Administrator
Administrator

To find all the local channels available to you please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation