Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What devices are compatible with Xfinity TV Go?

Frequent Visitor

What devices are compatible with Xfinity TV Go?

I would like to turn my tv into a smart tv using Chromecast, Apple TV, etc. but I need it to be compatible with Xfinity TV Go. What devices are compatible with the Xfinity TV Go? Can you airplay with TV Go from your iPad? I want to be able to watch all of my channels. Not just HBO Go.

Thank you.

Contributor

Re: What devices are compatible with Xfinity TV Go?

None.  I have one of the fastest Android tablets available with the latest updates on 25 Mbps Comcast Business Class bandwidth.  On my gamer laptop and cheap laptop, the World Cup coverage looks like:

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing ESPN.

Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.

(Error 700|305 0

On Xfinity TV to Go app, after 6 attempts to get the thing to connect, I get little smidgens of very low resolution fuzzy pictures that play for 10 seconds, lock up with the sound still playing, stop all together with no sound, then reload for another cycle.  The Android tablet's multiple CPUs report under 25% load with 90% of the memory free.  It's NOT my tablet....or my laptop....or my netbook.  It sucks because there is NOT ENOUGH BANDWIDTH COMING OUT OF XFINITY AND ESPN SERVERS TO PROVIDE SMOOTH SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMERS!  This has been going on for years and Comcast and ESPN could care less.  Nothing is ever done.

So, your answer is NONE.  Watching girls high school softball between two teams you never heard of plays fine, most of the time, as there are only a handful of paying customers watching them.  More proof it's the system!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation