Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Weeds - Season 8 Episode 5 is Missing

New Poster

Weeds - Season 8 Episode 5 is Missing

I'm trying to watch Weeds, Episode 5 of Season 8, but it is missing.  The listings go from Episode 4 to Episode 6.  I also tried looking at On-Demand to find it, but it is missing there as well as online.

Thanks,

Lisa

New Poster

Re: Weeds - Season 8 Episode 5 is Missing

I'm also having this problem.  Can someone please take care of this ASAP?

Also, I'm paying you money for this service.  Please stop with the TVGuide Channel advertisements and editing of the show.  I would like to view the show in an unedited format.  This is not ABC Family.

New Poster

I am having this same issue as well! Please fix this ASAP -we pay a lot of money for this service.  Episode 5, season 8 -WEEDS-is missing!!

New Poster

I cannot find this episode On Demand or on your online listings either.

Official Employee

Hi all,

This is a known issue that our team is working on now.

I will update this thread when it has been added.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi all,

For legal reasons, Weeds Season 8, Episode 5 has been pulled down from the site and we don’t have any ETA for the replacement.

I am very sorry.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Why are you the only one at comcast who seems to know this?  (three tickets later) Maybe you can get this published internally so people know and customers don't waste time trying to get this resolved.

Please do provide an eta on when this will be fixed.  I'd like to finish up Season 8  as it winds down.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Joe,

What "legal reasons"??  It would be helpful to know the specifics, as well as to be notified when the episode will be restored.  For the absurd amount that I'm paying for Showtime, this is unacceptable.

Official Employee

WendySt wrote:

Hi Joe,

What "legal reasons"??  It would be helpful to know the specifics, as well as to be notified when the episode will be restored.  For the absurd amount that I'm paying for Showtime, this is unacceptable.

Showtime asked us to pull the episode due to a legal issue and has likely pulled it from all cable providers.  I don't know the exact reason in this instance, but sometimes that can be due to content in the episode that wasn't licensed, like an image or song.  We'll post a replacement as soon as it is made available.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please contact Showtime if you have any further questions on why it was removed.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

Wow - thanks for the informative and quick reply!  Comcast should clone youSmiley Happy

- Wendy

New Poster

Wow. I wish I'd thought of coming here sooner. I've just spent almost 2 hours with comcast, first with a 'live chat' rep who wanted me to make an appt to fix the cable box (and who couldn't answer why the eppy was also missing online) and then a long time with a phone representative, who finally did tell me that it was Showtime's problem and that they would 'escalate' the inquiry. Clearly neither of them had any easily accessible info that there is a legal problem with this episode, nor did the two folks I talked to earlier this week. Sheesh. This is so infuriating; I want to know who Justin Kirk saw on the security cam at the end of Eppy 4 without having to skip to #6. Do folks think this will get rectified by Showtime and that a revised episode of #5 will eventually appear online, or do we just have to wait for the dvd release? Thanks.

New Poster

It would have been helpful if the On Demand Guide did not show episode 4 twice.  This makes it look like a simple mistake.  The guide should state, at the location of episode 5, what the reality of the problem actually is - so that people are not wasting their time.  I can't believe this has been going on for weeks and still people have to waste time digging to find out exactly what the deal is.  Unacceptable.

New Poster

I agree. Showtime needs to edit this episode so it's legal problems are addresses and then post it on On-Demand ASAP. I am a paying viewer and a big fan and this is just not acceptable!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation